Ch. 4 - Protector

I heard someone clumsily stumble over something causing them to fall to the ground with a thud. It was quickly followed by a grunt. I pull out my claws and make sure my fangs are visible. Hopefully they know something about where he is since he's been missing for two days now. I turn on the lamp of Stiles' room to see who the intruder is ready for attack.

   Instead I look up to see a small fraction of light gleaming over the most familiar set of hazel eyes. I jump out of bed and tackle him in a hug slightly shaking knowing that he is in fact alright. I heard a loud grunt in protest and I quickly released to scan his source of pain. He had a busted lip with a scratch starting at the bottom of his right cheek to the top. He was also bending over slightly holding his stomach in pain. I covered my mouth wondering who could have done such a thing to him.

   "My dad says you've been up here waiting for me....?" He asks through gritted teeth with a hint of shock to his voice as he looks up at me through his lashes. There is no doubt he is in pain. I just nod my head in response while backing up to the side of his bed to take a seat. I pat the spot next to me signaling for him to join. He obliges and makes his way over sitting to my left.

   "Are you going to tell me what happened?" I mumbled barely audible. He just sat there in silence staring straight ahead with a dull expression. He looked so broken making my heart shatter in protest. The feeling  was worse than of wolfsbane in your lungs. Right as I was about to ask again he answered, "The other team got a hold of me.... Stupid me..." He forced out a laugh at the end trying to make it believable, but I knew for a fact it wasn't.

   "Bullshit!" I said as I shot up from bed to face him then continued, "Why even try? You know I can hear your heartbeat...." He just shrugged his shoulders and stared at me until finally mumbling in a pleading manner, "y/n..."

   "Please Stiles... Tell me what happened." I whispered as I put both hands on his cheeks careful to not accidentally injure him again. He averted his gaze to the window breaking free from my grasp. He let out a shaky breath. I subconsciously reached for his hand at an attempt to calm his heartbeat.

   "It was Gerard...." He mumbled under his breath knowing exactly how I was going to react. "I am going over there to-" I started but was cut off by him grabbing my arm and shaking his head. I sighed frustrated and tried to calm down a little. I sat back down on the bed next to him. We both just sat there each in our own little world overtaken by silence.

   "He wanted to take you..." He whispered softly still looking out the window. I stared at him confused as to what he meant by that, but then quickly caught on. "You didn't." I mumbled.

   He looked at me and said, "I did... I offered him to take me instead of you since I know just as much maybe even more information than you do." I stared at him dumbfounded. I slightly shake my head in disapproval. I pulled him into my chest and whispered in his ear, "Please don't ever do that again."

   "Oh I know it was stupid, I mean why should I risk my life for my best friend..." He replied sarcastically earning a smile from me. At least he still has his sarcasm....

    "I am being serious." I tell him a matter-of-factly. He just stared at me and placed his forehead to mine. After a few moments of silence he finally broke it.

   "I'd jump of a cliff to keep you safe..." He said shakily as he grabbed my hand then continued, "Because I love you." I smiled brightly and gave him a soft sweet peck on the lips before saying, "I love you too."

I thought this one was cute, but not too cheesy so I hope anyone who read this chapter liked it! Thanks man! ;-) Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!