Ch. 22 - Battered and Brusied (pt. 2)

New Chapter... YAY!

     The ring of the doorbell is enough to startle me out of bed

The ring of the doorbell is enough to startle me out of bed. I tiredly roll over to get a better glimpse of my clock. Shit. It's already one o'clock; the exact time I told Stiles to come and meet me here for a movie marathon. With Isaac and I's dad being gone, the two of us have decided to let the relentless, awkward boy come over.

I quickly throw my duvet off of me and rush to the door. My hair's definitely a disaster and my breath most likely smells, but that's the least of my problems once I actually see who's at the door. It's an officer - scratch that - the sherif and his son, who happens to be Stiles.

"What's going on, Sherif?" I ask politely as I run my fingers through my hair at an attempt to look, at least, somewhat decent.

"Is your father here?" He immediately asks. Right as I'm about to answer, my brother speaks for me, "No." I turn around to see him look exactly how I do, very unpleasant.

"Well do you know where he is?" His tone is authoritative, but at the same time soft. I don't know how he pulls it off. One minute, I feel as if I should tell him about all the times I've done something wrong then the next, I feel the need invite him in for coffee.

"I'm sorry, but we don't. He doesn't exactly tell us things like that," I inform him. He looks down awkwardly before glancing towards his son. All of the sudden, everything clicks into place. I scrunch my eyebrows in betrayal as I stare at the boy who I thought would keep what he saw the other day to himself. Obviously not.

"Is that ok if we come in? I'd like to discuss some things about your father," Sherif Stilinski offers in that soft tone of his. I turn to Isaac for help, but he seems to look rather uncomfortable.

"I'd rather not."

"Everything would stay private." My eyes wonder towards Stiles'. I begin to glare with fury as the actions of what he's caused settle in.

"Yah, because that runs in the family," I mutter sarcastically, still keeping my eyes trained on rather, sheepish-looking hazel ones. Sherif seems to notice the tension as he waves his hands slightly in protest.

"I know it may not seem like my son did the right thing now, but it will later. Mrs. Lahey, I assure you we mean no harm in any way. Please, let us come in so I can discuss with the two of you on how we can approach the situation." Before I have time to decline once again, Isaac interrupts,

"That would be great." I gape at him with wide eyes. Is he serious? Please tell me he's joking. Dad would kill us if he found out what we are about to do right now!

After the umwelcomned guests have entered, I immediately smack Isaac upside the head. "Have you lost your mind?!" I ask him in a hushed tone. He shrugs his shoulders before whispering back, "I'm tired of being hurt and seeing you hurt." With that he greets the Stilinski's with a smile. I know he means well by this - including Stiles and even the sherif - but I won't accept it. Isaac and I would be hurt far worse if we get caught by him.

"y/n, would you like to join us?"

I turn around to see Stiles staring at me pleadingly, almost as if he's begging me with his eyes to cooperate, but how can I? I don't want to humor something that will come back and bite us in the ass.

"No, I would not," I glare at Stiles before storming towards my bedroom, but not before I catch a glimpse of my hurt brother. My heart aches as guilt settles in, but I slam my door shut anyways. How could he do this? He's afraid of Dad just as much as I am. Does he really want to risk us being hospitalized for a conversation with the police. I don't think so.

I groan in annoyance before hurling myself onto the bed. My mind swirls with the thought of losing my brother because of this and I can't help to think how fucked up our life is. We don't deserve this kind of treatment especially from our own father, but how can we stop him? Sure, I have a sherif in my living room who already knows what Isaac will tell him, but even then it won't stop. The law isn't always helpful, sometimes it just makes things worse.

Let's say, our Dad does get put in prison and stays in there for a long, long time. What happens then? The two of us have been put through so much damage, I have a feeling we'll never recover. That damn man will always haunt us and the horrors he caused will follow no matter what we do.

Regardless of all of my fears and nightmares, I know Stiles and the Sheriff are doing this to protect my brother and I from getting hurt. I respect the both of them for that even if I don't exactly agree with their methods.

I'm startled, for the second time today, when my door creaks open. Expecting Isaac, I'm shocked when I see it's Stiles. His hair is ruffle messily, like he's ran his fingers through it too many to count. The boy doesn't bother entering, instead he stands there awkwardly shifting his weight on each foot.

I can't help to ask, "Are you going to just stand there or actually come in?" He shakes his head no, but then squints his eyes as if to think otherwise. Stiles glances up towards me, finally, and nods his head yes.

I smile as I ask him, "Which one does that answer?" He awkwardly laughs.

"The last one, definitely the last one," he repeats before walking inside. It's silent for a couple moments, but not for long once he breaks it with, "I'm sorry. I just couldn't stand the thought of you getting hurt. I tried to keep it to myself, but every time I closed my eyes I heard you crying out for help and I- I'm just really sorry o-" I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his neck. He quickly tenses at the gesture, but relaxes once I entangle my fingers into his hair.

"I may be extremely pissed at you for telling your dad, but I know you did it with good intentions. I know you were only trying to protect Isaac and me," I mumble into his shirt. My heart flutters as his hands finally wrap around my waist in return. Huh, I've never felt that when I've hugged him before.

"You know I'll always be here for you, right?"

"I know, Stiles," I reply with a small smile across my lips.

***

Word Count: 1202

Soooooo, I updated. YAY! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter - and yes there will be a part three, the final part in this series.

Bye my lovelies!! ;-) See ya next Friday!