Discovering The Past

I know this chapter is way overdue. I am really sorry. I started a new semester at college and I am trying to get used to my schedule. 😩😔

Forgive me. 🙏🏼

So much has happened lately and I am overwhelmed. I promised a chapter so here's it is. 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Thank you for the support and the love. I appreciate it so much. ❤️👍🏼

P.s that's the pack house for Nick. 🙂
One picture is graphic, so be ready. 😅
...............................................................

Nick's P.O.V

The mind was a dangerous place to be.

It brings out your fears and show deceptions. It plays tricks on your eyes. Some are not meant to be seen while others leave you shaking in anger.

What I had seen today was something far greater then myself or my species.

Just Hours Before.....

"Get off this land, creature. This place doesn't welcome you here. I will not give you another warning." I said growling. My eyes catches Susan's shattered gaze, my heart softens to the sight before me.

"We will be back, dogs! You have my word." That nasty smelling being sneered at me. My Beta and few other pack members muscles tensed to shift in case they attacked.

They creature left quickly as they had came, the leader himself looked backed at us before turning away. They disappeared into the busy streets until they couldn't be seen again. I picked up Susan into my arms. She groaned in pain and whimpered. I felt her pain.

"I got you, Susan. It's okay, sleep." I said to her as brown eyes began to close slowly. I watched her in my arms. Somehow, it felt right. Her head rests on my shoulder and one arm around my neck while the other in her lap. My fingers brushed the back of her neck and shivers ran down my spine. Good kind of shiver.

"Mate." My wolf howls. "Ours."

Susan's my mate.

Oh, damn.

"What to do now, Nick?" My Beta, Dan said. I looked around and sighed. Tables and chairs was on the floor. The shattered glass lay on the floor as the windows let in a cool breeze. In the chaos, there was some form of calm in the room.

"Call the café co-workers and have them help clean up. Find someone to fix the windows. Till then, I will have the others keep watch for any activity." I said to Dan who nodded, and called another pack member as I walked out what's left of the café.

Walking up to my car, I struggled to open the door. When I grabbed the handle, I slowly placed Susan in the passenger seat. I placed the belt around her body and I brushed the hair that fallen on her face. I looked at her one last time before I walked the driver seat.

I sighed and muttered, "What a long day." With that I drove home.
......................................................

Pulling into the driveway, I looked around for danger from my car. Susan still haven't woken. Slowing down my breathing, I listen to Susan's heartbeats.

Slow and steady.

I got out of the car and mind linked our pack doctor.

"Mason, emergency. Meet you at the medical room." I said taking out Susan's unconscious body from my car, as Mason replied, "Okay, Alpha."