To Protect And To Attack

I guarantee this chapter will you all feel better for my pass absence. Please comment and vote everyone, I really want to know your feed backs. It helps to know if you all enjoy the story and for me to become better at writing.

Song: Wake Me Up Inside Linkin Park Ft Evanescence

Susan's P.O.V

Bodies, bodies lay on the damp and mud socked ground.

Bodies of my fellow pack members lay crippled and unmoving. It was gruesome beyond the imaginable. My heart broke and my spirit had shattered at such sigh as I walked through the yard.

Water mixed with mud.

Mud mixed with blood.

My wolf howled a heart breaking moan of loss to the sky. Tears brimmed my eyes as they poured down with the rain.

I have never felt so sad.

I felt for blood for who was responsible for such injustice to innocent lives.

My wolf growled in agreement, "Make them pay dearly, blood for blood and suffering as penalty."

My hands tighten into fists at my side, "They pay with their life, it's a promise!" I said as I scan the yard for any survivors.

None.

All took their last breath long before I arrived.

Leaving the yard, I continued my search for more life presented. But, it was too quite.

A ghost town.

I ended up at the pack gym and court.

Opening the doors, they creaked eerily a moan of protest against the hinges. It wasn't a smart idea to go in alone but I had to take a chance. It might be my last since the door announced my arrival.

Walking down the long hallway, the lights flicker on and off. Some lay fallen on the floor while some still hung on the ceiling.

My mud-blood stained socks left prints as I walked to the end of the hallway to a big double door, pushing the door I was shocked to the bones.

There, seated on the gym floor was the rest of our pack. And they were surrounded by those inhuman creatures. The leader had it's back towards myself. He wore dark jeans, black jacket and boots with his long hair reaching his broad shoulders. My pack members was battered and bloodied. My parents, Nick's parents along with everyone had their hands tied behind their backs. My mate, my handsome hero, laid on the ground with chest labored for breath. He was bleeding from the head, lip busted and bare chest had long scratch that went from right side down to his navel. He was bleeding badly.

"Glad for you to join us, princess." The figure said and turned around, "I couldn't wait till we meet again." My eyes widen as I recognized the same face.

The same one that attacked Milly and I at her café. Flashbacks of him attacking Milly and I while he grins evilly as he hurts us both. My hair on my body begun rise at the encounter once again.

My fists tighten at my side, "You?! What are you doing here?!" I sneered at this monster.

"Oh little one, don't be like that! After all, I had a great welcome since everyone has gathered at such an joyous occasion. See how happy everyone is, practically shaking with excitement." He says grinning and arms wide as if he was welcoming someone into a hug.

"You're a sociopath, Declán!" I said growling, my wolf was already wanting to taste blood.

He chuckled, "You remembered my name, but no little one. I am a visionary." Suddenly, his expression became darker, more sinister making the gym feel a lot colder.