It All Burns Down

Hello, I am writing this chapter on my computer so excuse any mistakes. I still haven't gotten my phone fixed. But, let's carry on to the story now.

Song: Wildfire by Tinashe

Susan's P.O.V

BANG! BANGGGG!

Loud noises woke me up from my dreamlike state. My consciences foggy to what is happening in the world of reality.

ARGGGGGGGG!

Suddenly a bone chilling scream, jolts myself out of bed and onto the floor. I panicked and scrambled back onto my feet. My legs wobble at the fear that's coursing through my body. My heartbeat pound faster that thunder. Still dresses in shorts and a tank top with thin socks, I grabbed an emergency taser that was taped underneath my bed. Courtesy of my father, always one step ahead of any dangers.

GGGGGRRRRRR!

An inhuman growl echoed behind my door. With werewolf hearing, it doesn't sound like it's too far from my room. I took a deep breath in and then slowly out my mouth.

You can do this. You can do this. No fear. I kept chanting in my mind.

My grip on the taser tighten and my palms a little damp with nervousness.

Just when I was to turn the knob of the door, loud sounds of thunder clashed with quick flashes of lightning. Each thunder noise sends an heart stopping bullet to my chest. Ignoring the coming storm outside, I listened for anymore growls.

It was silent.

Way to silent.

Turning the doorknob once again, I opened a small crease in the doorway. My eyes drifted to the empty hallway. My brother's room door was slightly opened and my parent room was widely opened from across my room. Slowly, I opened my room and crawled on my belly towards the staircase. Almost close to the stairs, I heard a moan. I froze.

I got up on my wobbly legs, eyes focused on the entrance way to the kitchen and pressed myself to the wall of the staircase. I took step by step and my feet dropped on the ground.

Into sticky substance. Looking down, I saw blood. It was coated along the walls and floor of the kitchen and living room wall. My breath came out in shaky puffs of air.

Okay, don't panic. Let's keep it together.

I turned by the end of the staircase to peek if it was closed. The door in the kitchen had been ripped off completely and claw marks was left behind. Looking outside, rain was falling heavily, almost making outside look as if it was behind a waterfall. Thunder strikes again with flashes of lightning. The thunder came with a earth shattering shake. Chills ran down my spine and the hairs stood on my body.

BOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!

There was no one in the living room, just blood everywhere. Coating the sofa and walls, as if I was living a horror movie. My bloody socked feet left marks on the floor.

The moan, where did it come from? The kitchen? Outside?

Going back to the kitchen, I held the taser in front of myself ready to aim. Coming up the counter, I walked around it and my eyes caught on a shoe. Creeping slowly, I walked up to the body. There, laid a man with a huge hole through his stomach. Blood coated his clothes and the kitchen floor. His face twisted up in pain and fatigue. He had short brown hair and had a beard. He looked like he was in his late 20's and early 30's. He moaned again and it sounded gravelly. I raised the taser higher and my hands shook.

"Who are you? And where are my parents?" I asked him as I waited for his eyes to open.

His blue eyes looked into my brown ones, "He's coming for you, girly. It ain't matter 'bout me or you're folks." He said as he was choking on his own blood.

"He who? Who's coming for me?" I said with tears brimming my eyes fearing the most of what could've happened to my parents.

He laughed harshly eventually coughing up more blood, "The almighty, the powerful Declan. Remember him, sweetheart? Oh, he will enjoy killing you and 're pack."

Declan? Where have I heard that name before?

"Don't remember him? I am sure once you see him, you'll remember him." He said, "He'll get rid of all you stinking creatures." He sneered in disgust.

He spat out blood towards my legs and jumped back in time before it caught onto me. He growled and began to move violently on the floor. I was scared and almost tripped on my own feet due to my socks. His body began to transform into a hideous creature. His body became slimy like a slug, eyes sunken back into his head, nose was just two holes and teeth like a shark that was out of his mouth.

I ran.

Slipping, I bumped my hip into the edge of the counter as I ran away. Pain coursed through my body as I landed on the same hip. I fell on my hands and knees as I ran toward the broken hole. Where the kitchen door was once presented. I tried to get up again, but the taser slipped from my grasp as the beast, once man was gripping my feet with his slimy claw like hands. He was laying his missing stomach and both foot was beneath in a weird angles.

I kicked his claw hand with my other leg and I tried to reach for my taser with one hand. I straighten my arm as much as I can, but the creature began to crawl up my leg. I stuttered in disgust and discomfort as chills went down my spine. Almost like a clawing feeling.

Soon, my finger touched the bottom half of the taser and I pulled it closer. My heart thundered in victory but, also pity the once-man-now-beast's life. I turned back to the creature that was crawling closer. I looked at it straight in the eye, with no hesitation.

I pulled the trigger.

The taser caught him straight in-between the eyes. Bright flash of the taser moved through the house. And the burning smell of brain lingered after he shook to his death.

Pulling myself free from his grasp, I retrieved the taser and I limped out of the house. Rain drenched me from head to toe. Soaking into my shorts, tank top and hair. I pulled out my socks and walked in the mud filled backyard of my bloody home.

My backyard wasn't a backyard no more, it held graves of dead bodies.

...................................................

I do hope this makes up for the lost time. Literally, everything has been falling apart on me. It's stressful but, Wattpad makes it easier.

Thank you to all who has voted and commented constantly. XOXO

Comment

Vote

Follow