Chapter 18: Alphas & Truths

Dex's POV

THE REST OF THE JOURNEY to the werecat's home could be described in two words: long and silent. Nobody had dared speak to me sense my mysteriously fast healing. When we finally got there I was out of breath. Most of the journey was uphill, but unlike me the werecats didn't seemed to be distressed by the journey. 

As we made our way through the woods they led me to the entrance to their camp. It was a dark cave. When inside I couldn't even see my whiskers. Then the darkness ended and I submerged in a blinding light. I looked around to see a small village filled with werecats. There was everything from little kids to old ladies.

I must have looked like I was in amazement because Lily nudged my shoulder playfully. I blushed, unable to hide my embarrassment. However, this place was wonderful. It was well hidden and nicely made. It looked like they had been here a while.

While I was still taking in the sights, a large group formed around me. Most of them in their human forms but a few had shifted in case of danger. The members of the group shifted into their human form, all except Sparrow and me. I wasn't sure I wanted to with this many hostile cats I might need to flee as quickly as possible.

"Where is Alpha Will?" Sparrow asked a young woman, who had shifted into her cat form. She gestured towards a large gap in the stone walls that surrounded the Pride of Werecats. Sparrow nodded and started that way. He gestured for me to follow and I had to run to catch up. "You are going to see the Alpha now." he said slowly, "I would shift into your human form if I were you. He doesn't take kindly to threats." 

"Well I don't take kindly to orders." I retorted, "Or being treated like a toddler."

"You sure do act like one. You disobey orders and bluntly ignore people. No wonder your a rogue." He said, bitterly.

"Well it's not my fault I never had some fancy Pride I was born into. I have barely been a cat for a few months." I snapped back. I was really getting sick of Sparrow.

Sparrow said nothing, but he narrowed his eyes. He shifted to his human form and walked in, I sighed and shifted into my human form I wasn't sure if I wanted to enter or not. Finally curiosity got the better of me and I entered the gap.

 "See I told you he'd come Sparrow." said a man. He was tall and had grey streaking his dark brown hair. He wore a red, plaid shirt with blue jeans. His eyes were what caught me most off guard though. His eyes were red, similar to mine when Nick was in control of me. 

"I should have never doubt you Alpha Will." Sparrow said to the Alpha, "Although he was rather stubborn on the way in..."

"Did he cause you any trouble?" the Alpha asked, eyes hardening. 

"No, no, no. Nothing I couldn't handle. Wouldn't get up though. Had to use force. Gave him a scratch to remember."

"Where?"

"His face..." mumbled Sparrow.

"Well I sure don't see it!" The Alpha protested.

"It healed. It was rather weird. He went mad for a second then got back up, perfectly fine. Scratch gone." 

"What is your name?" The Alpha asked, addressing me for the first time. 

"Dex. Dexter Marwood if you will." I said, honestly.

"Dexter." He said, as if trying the name out for the first time, "Well, I've heard a lot about you."

"You-You have?" I asked, not able to hid my shock.

"Yes, you live in Cloudcroft, you moved here this summer with your twin sister Mae. You still haven't told her you're a werecat. You are fourteen, and you are currently looking for your Uncle."