Chapter 2 Winston?

I opened my eyes groggily blinking at the bright sun. I sat up holding my head. What happened why am I on the floor? A blanket was pulled over me, wonder how that got there...

Pulling my phone from my bag I checked the time 12?! Oh god, I missed school! Oh well, not much of a loss.

I stood up stretching my stiff limbs. I heard a noise from inside the house and stopped dead. Yesterday nights events came flooding back and I felt weak and scared. I didn't know what that's man wanted but I doubted if he just wanted the name of my book.

Walking gingerly toward the sound I tried to reason with myself. You idiot! You are walking toward the noise after all the horror movie rants of how stupid the characters are you are are doing the same thing they do before they die. But being human I continued to approach the noise.

I walked to the back door and saw a large wolf running around and seemingly enjoying itself. I smiled, I loved wolves and seeing this happy creature was a treat. Then I worried.

Where was Winston? Winston always barked at everything and anything and if he wasn't barking at this big creature I worried. Despite the danger I could bring upon myself I called out for Winston.

"Win-Win! Winston where are you?"

The large wolf turned my way cocking its head the side just like Winston when I call for him. I liked it the wolf bewildered, I'd never seen any other dog do that except Winston?

And against all common sense, I walked out to the wolf and approached it. It's white fur glimmered in the sun with grass and dirt patches here and there. But somehow the fur stayed clean and pristine.

I was half a foot away and slowly placed my hand on its head right between its eyes, exactly where Winston loved to be petted. The wolfs silky head leaned in my hand then back up almost as if it made a mistake. It had. Only Winston made that mistake and Winston had strikingly white fur like this wolf.

But before I could question it further (yep talk to animals real smart Evelyn...) it ran off not before it growled menacingly but its eyes seemed it be sorry and sad it had to be so rude. It dashed off into the woods leaving me extremely confused.

I soon let it go because I found Winston in his bed sleeping contently fur clear of any grass or dirt. I might've run into his cousin. I patted Winston awake and he cheerfully woke up and leaned into my hand, good ol' Win-Win.

After showering and fixing breakfasts for both me and Winston I left to enjoy my free day. I dressed in waist less white dress. The dress went to right above my knees and had no waistband to show my waist, it's just hung off me not revealing any curves I had. I pulled on the silky material on along with a black leather jacket ending right under my breasts. I wore a long gold tassel necklace and knee-high boots to top it off. Grabbing a cross over bag I headed out not as wary about last night than I was this morning.

I drove into town and sat at my favorite cafe. Choosing an outdoors seat I sat peacefully enjoying my yummy strawberry cake. I walked into a bookstore across the street and browsed the aisles. I let my hand run along the book spines collecting a bit of dust. After tucking myself into a corner with a book. As I stood to get another book I bumped into a chest.

I looked up and my eyes were blessed. A man with striking silver hair stood before me smiling. His hair wasn't platinum blonde but legitimately silver. His eyes were oddly hazel instead of a blue I expected. His mouth was moving but I didn't hear I was so focused on his godly face. His sharp jaw, cheeks, strong chin, warm eyes and silver hair.

"Miss?"

I shook my head, get ahold of yourself don't lose yourself in those soft, full... Lips. I smacked myself attempting to alert myself but shocked the man and he held my cheek so gently I didn't think it was possible and turned my eyes to his.

"Are you ok?"

His voice was silky and soft but sincere all the same.

"Uh I um Er... Yeah."

I sounded so lame. His expression warmed and I felt my heart melt. He held out his hand smiling even more.

"I'm Will Lockland, and you are?"

I smiled losing myself in his wondrous hazel eyes.

"Uhh Evelyn, WinterWood."

Although I was acting like a fool Will seemed to find it endearing.

"Well, Miss. WinterWood-"

"Evelyn."

"Excuse me, Evelyn, won't you let me see what you happen to be reading?"

From there on out we talked the whole day. He shares my interest in wolves and was a bit shocked when I described my adoration for them. We spent our whole day together in that corner listening to each other. I offered to treat him to dinner at my home hoping to get his number but he declined. My face probably looked sad because he gave me his number smiling eyes twinkling. I thanked him and we parted ways.

I smiled to my self the whole way home and after. Will was so sweet and intriguing. If I let this guy slip away Mom will attack me. I called Winston who came him his tail wagging crazily. I looked down at him smiling.

"Well guess what Win-Win?"

He titled his head gesturing for me to continue.

"I met a guy today at the bookstore, I really like him."

He howled happily and jumped in circles.

"Wow, Winston you act as if you were in my place."

He howled even louder making me laugh. Silly dog.

*******************************************

Hi again I know so soon but I did promise to write often if I choose to starve myself of sleep then you get ten chapters tonight. Hope you are enjoying! Comment and suggest if you want! Thank you sooo much!
-True Potato
🍠<-- they have yams but not potatoes??