The Woods Hate Me

This bonus chapter after they had kids and they are married. Enjoy~!
*********************************

I looked at Weston worriedly, "Are you sure?"

He smiled "Of course go ahead, Evelyn."

"O-Ok... If you say so."

I swam into the water feeling the cool liquid move gently around me. He was right the lake has nothing wrong with it. Smiling confidently that the water was not too cold or hot or have nasty little things in the water. I spoke too soon.,

***Earlier That Day***

Weston walked in and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. I smiled turned to face him and pecked him on the lips.

"Morning. Want pancakes?"

He looked at the pancake currently cooking on the pan. "Mmm, since you made it yeah."

I smiled and flipped it onto a plate and handed it to him. "Here."

"Thanks, Evie."

I nodded and added more batter to the pan. He sat at the island on a barstool and began devouring the pancake.

"Hey, Evelyn..?"

I didn't turn around focusing on the pancake, "Yeah?"

"Want to go on a trip?"

Perking up I turned around, my hand still on the panhandle. "Where?"

I turned around again and prepped to flip the pancake.

He fidgeted. "Um, to go to the woods."

As he started that sentence I jerked the pan up flipping and when I heard 'woods' my hand moved weird and the pancake went flying. The somewhat uncooked pancake batter landed on my head. The gooey batter sticking in my hair.

I trembled anger flowing through my veins. The woods seem to hate me I remember every attempt to explore and travel through it. Each time was a failure.

Complete utter failure. But Weston's getting busier recently and I didn't want to pass up a chance to go on a trip with him.

"I'll go."

Weston raised his eyebrows "Are you sure? Things usually don't end well for you there... If choose somewhere else but it's tourist season so the woods were the only available place to go."

"Yeah, it's fine."

Weston's eyes sparkled I knew he loved the woods and I was willing to fake love it if it made him happy.

"Thanks, babe!"

I blushed lightly and smiled.

"No problem. Let's get packed after this."

"Mm." He replied nodding.

*******************

After several hours of packing and prepping Weston and I were ready.

I hefted one last bag and reached to close the back of the car. Dusting my hands I walked to the passenger door and hopped in. Weston and I were headed to the woods not too far from home. But since it was with people we had to seem like full humans.

**Car Rides are Boring Time Skip**

Weston unpacked everything and we were settled half a mile from other campers. Weston said there was a lake nearby and we should try it out. I was cautious but Weston assured me the woods can't hurt me in water. (A/N: Lame reason I know XP)