Chapter 16 Preparing for a Change

I watched as we pulled up to the mansion. Since I was so nervous after what Locke had told me I opened the door myself and started towards the front door. I beat Weston to the door. And walked in almost in a trance. Walking into my room I placed the picture frame and our picture inside. I also placed the matching hat and stuffed animal. I felt a breath on my neck and my breath hitched.

"W-Weston?"

"I know you are nervous about the change."

"Well, I think I should be."

"Don't I'm here that's what matters right?"

I nodded, feeling sparks as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I mean, all you have to do is bite me. So no biggie right?" I silently cursed myself for added that small twinge of hope. I should trust Weston to know what to do.

Weston held me tighter. And I shivered "I wish it were that way Evelyn but unfortunately it's a lot more complicated than that. There's a ceremony."

"When does this have to happen?"

"Midnight, full moon lucky for us or you'd have to wait longer."

I sighed this sounded so intricate and intense "How long with this take?"

He looked at his wristwatch "Hmm several hours so we should start now, it's 6:45pm. I'll have a female pack member to help you I think you will get along with her."

After I nodded he let go of me and walked away to start the preparations.

I sat on the bed and waited and waited. I sighed and checked the clock 6:57pm. Where was this lady? As if on cue someone pranced through the door with a crapload of stuff.

"Are you the person-"

"Who will help you through this momentous ceremony, yes that's me!"

Her voice was like a song happy and cheery she had this vibe that could convince anyone she doesn't have a worry in the world.

She had a wavy brown hair and brown eyes that always seemed to dance with excitement.

She held out a hand "Hi I'm Tabby! Tabby Pixon!"

I smiled at her smile "Hi I'm Evelyn WinterWood..."

She squealed "OoOoOoo! Cool name! But we really need to prep."

"Thanks, un what the process?"

"Ok so first we 'cleanse' you of human sin, basically a bath with special soaps and crap. Then we make you pretty-er and then there is a special ceremony and blah blah we'll get into it soon."

I nodded and she ushered me into the bathroom. She ran the water and constantly put in all sorts of stuff. I was surprised the water didn't have a chemical reaction.

"Ok.." Tabby said before dusting her hands "get in."

You'd think I would be nervous about being naked in front of a stranger but Tabby was so friendly I didn't mind.

I stepped into the water it was the perfect temperature and it smelled so nice. Like fresh roses. I sum merged everything but my neck and head.

Tabby looked at the clock in my room and returned "Ok so it's 7:07 and you need to soak about 15 minutes. You need to really relax and just chill ok? The stuff I put in is pretty important and it's even better if you're not high strung k?"

Nodding she set all the stuff she brought on the bathroom counter and set out so many things it could've passed as Harry Potters ingredients collection.

"Allllright times up!"

She handed me the softest towel I've ever felt and wrapped it around me. Tabby brought another towel and helped me dry up. She handed me a tank top and shorts.

I looked quizzically at her "I'm not dressing in this for the ceremony am I?"

She looked emotionless when she answered, "Yes you will."

Gulping I nodded my head slowly "Oh, okay..."

Tabby burst into a fit of laughter holding her stomach. I frowned "What?"

She looked at me with wide eyes "Wow your naive but no I was kidding this is temporary. How was the bath?"

I smiled "Amazing!"

It was whatever she had put in the bath made my skin silky soft, my hair was softer my skin complexion was improved significantly and I felt completely different.

Chuckling she started to prep me. She grabbed all sorts of stuff and applied it to me. I felt nervous, I didn't mind light make up but caking it made me feel fake.

"Erm uh, Tabby?"

"Hm."

"Is this store bought?"

She laughed "Course not! It's organic and is beneficial."

I sighed in relief no need to worry, about tangy at least. After she braided my hair and placed small flowers into the braid she showed me the dress for the ceremony that way lying on the bed. Gaping in awe I ran one hand gently down the dress, it was beautiful

"Is is this really mine?"

She smiled "Duh! Now get dressed it's 11:40pm!"

I nodded getting to into it.

****************************************

Sorry about one chapter today I took a much needed nap, and shorter than usual thanks for understanding and enjoy!
-True Potato