Chapter 9 Jealousy

Locke smiled back a bit timidly. I looked at him with the most innocence I could muster.

"Locke..?"

He put a finger in his collar and moved it side to side, giving his neck space.

"Yes?"

I pulled on doe eyes "Can you please dance with me? Hmm?"

Locke ran his hand through his hair thinking it over. He turned to look at me "Sure."

I smiled and grabbed his hand and led him to the dance floor. We swayed to the music blaring from the speakers. When werewolves party they don't mess around.

I swayed my hips and moved with him. Locke looked at me several times with a certain look I couldn't decipher but let it go. He grew a little bolder and grinned a little on me. I let out a small squeal but allowed him.

I moved to put my back on his front and we moved to the music. He leaned into my neck. I sighed contently. This'll show Weston! Locke smiled ha isn't my skin.

"Hey, come with me this time?"

I tensed, I didn't know Locke very well and I'm not sure what his intentions were. But I wanted to make Weston regret his choices so I agreed by silently nodding. He turned me around and smiled. I smiled weakly and cautiously in return.

He led me toward glass doors and we brushed past Weston and Blondie she had her red plastic nails all over him. I smiled seductively at Locke he smiled exactly as I had. I heard Weston let out a low growl the stupid girl running her hands all over thought it was for her and kissed his cheek. I turned away not wanting to see any more.

Locke led me to a beautiful rose garden. A small gazebo with roses growling all over it was sitting in the corner shielded by a large tree and rose branches. He walked me silently there resting one hand softly on my back.

The drooping rose branches drooped so low it created a curtain. He pulled them carefully said and gestures for me to walk in. Gentleman. I looked more at the gazebo it was new despite the overgrown flowers. A half-circle couch was pushed against the wall of the gazebo. I sat down slightly surprised that it was so clean and soft.

Locke sat next to me and smiled. I smiled back weakly I needed to know his intentions.

"Locke,"

"Hmm."

"Why'd you bring me here?"

I bit my lip a little scared of his answer. He just smiled warmly.

"I thought you needed a break from everyone you look so stressed."

I looked at him my eyes wide. How'd this man know what I was feeling like? He was so gentle kind and smart and seemed to get me. How come Weston the Weasel is my mate and not Locke? I realized I was staring when he shifted.

"Oh um thank you. This is beautiful." I gestured to the gazebo and roses.

The roses were pale pink and a few had dashes of yellow. My eyes wandered each one until it landed on this beautiful blossoming rose. It was dark blue and shimmered like the night sky. I gasped and stood to look closer. A hand reached up and plucked it from its spot.

I looked at Locke who was holding the flower. He placed it behind my ear the side where my bun was so it accented it. I lifted my hand gently to it feeling the smooth petals.

"Thank you." I breathed. It was a pretty gift.

He gave me a lopsided smile "A pretty flower for a pretty girl."

I laughed lightly looking down then back up to his eyes.

"That's a classic."

"Like me."

I laughed again, him joining.

"I have to admit that's true."

He smiled down at me his hand lingered on the rise tucked into my bun. His amber eyes twinkled like the distant stars. They held a warmth fitting the bright color.

Realizing he was also staring I blushed and looked away. Locke placed a hand gently on one side of my faces. He lightly turned my face to him. He looked deep into my eyes in a way that reminded me of Weston. Why was I thinking of that rat? I gulped and spoke.

"Um, Locke?"

He removed his hand "Ah I'm sorry... It's just that you have an absolutely beautiful face... Did you know that?"

I blushed "I was never told..."

Locke leaned his forehead on mine and his eyes rested on my lips. His breathing quickened and our lips were one centimeter apart when Weston pushed Locke away. He growled fiercely and pulled me to him. His touch made me feel tingly, I missed his touch. Locke stumbled but made a quick recovery. He pulled back his hand prepping to punch Weston. I widened my eyes in paid and shouted.

"No Locke!"

He looked startled and restrained himself, didn't look easy. I turned to look up at Weston.

"Why are you here..? You didn't need my company, you had someone else didn't you?"

The hurt was evident in my voice but I didn't care, he betrayed me. And he goes around spouting nonsense of me being his.

Weston frowned "Who?"

I glared at him, was he really playing dumb? "That blonde girl who ran her fingers all over you!"

He looked a little confused but then realization dawned on his face. "Oh, you mean Tiffany?"

"I suppose so."

He sighed and rubbed his face up and down with his hand. "Oh, Evelyn. I don't like her."

I felt tears sting my eyes. "Then why were you letting her run her filthy hand all over you? Why'd you let her touch you?"

My voice betrayed all my obvious hurt. Weston sighed and hugged me closer. I squirmed. Why was he huffing me and not Tiffany?

"Evelyn, she forced herself on me, I didn't know a polite way to say no. She's the daughter of an allied pack I️ can't set off a war because she can't take a no. I'm sorry."

I let out a wobbly breath. I couldn't stay mad at him. I loved him. And it showed to me he was a committed enough to come out here and find me. I know I was forgiving him quick but, he proved himself to me many times. I knew he loved me. He was somehow my everything. "Fine."

He smiled at me, "Shall we go back together?"

I smiled back, "I'd love too." I stopped and turned to Locke. Placing the blue rose in his hand I spoke: "I'm sorry Locke I shouldn't have used you.."

He smiled much to my surprise "I forgive you flower."

He kissed me gently on the lips and dashed away after Weston let out a menacing growl.

"Humph! A pet name? And a kiss?!"

I saw him get visibly angrier and angrier. I laughed and patted his back. "Oh come on Weston lets go back."

The former but let me back, and we joined the party together.

********************************************

Wow a lot more Locke and Evelyn than I intended. He will appear again. I like his blunt impish behavior. Basically me ;) sorry of last chapter was messy, I forgot to run through before publishing. Hope you're enjoying! I will add some hot potato next chap.
-True Potato