Chapter 4 Return of Winston

I sat there blown away. Husband? No way... Since I was so shocked I was surprised to feel a bit of hysteria. So I laughed and Weston stared at me like I was crazy, and who was I to disagree?

He cleared his throat, "Evelyn are you feeling well?"

After letting one more giggle escape my lips I pulled myself together.

"I just think the idea of you and me being married is absolutely ridiculous."

His eyes narrowed and his already icy eyes seemed to look colder.

"I am your mate whether you like it or not! And I will hear no more about it!"

I nodded silently. I was trying to process what he meant by mate. Mate? What was I an animal?

Weston had stormed off and I politely excused myself before wandering away. I was happy to find my bag in the living room and glad my phone was inside. Clicking it on I saw many messages.

Will: Are you ok? You didn't show up... 1:37pm

Will: Did I make you mad? 2:00pm

Will: You're probably busy sorry for disturbing are we on for tomorrow? 2:12pm

Will: I am kinda worried and I miss you... 3:22pm

I felt a pang in my chest. Sweet kind Will. He is so caring. I quickly typed a reply.

Evelyn: I'm ok. Can you look after Winston? I'll be gone for a bit address is Willow Dr. 2046 6:48pm

An immediate reply.

Will: Are you sure? 6:49m

Evelyn: Positive :) 6:51pm

A smile for good measure although I felt everything but.

Will: Ok...I'll look after Winston not to worry 6:52pm

Evelyn:Bye 6:52pm

I didn't bother checking his reply. A butler had greeted me soon after and said if I needed assistance in finding my room. Nodding he led me to a large suite.

The theme of grey, black, and white applied to give a sophisticated and modern look to the room.

I walked slowly in taking it all in. So beautiful! The butler bowed his head and left shutting the door. There was a thick ledge with a cushion near the window meant for sitting and reading while basking in the sun. At least that's what I planned on using it for.

I walked over to the walk-in closet liking how spacious it was. My clothes were already packed in making life so convenient. I walked in the bathroom admiring the clean counters and soft plush towels. My toiletries were placed in cabinets and on the counter all set. I then went back to the room and sat on the end of the soft bed.

I ran my hand on the silky material. The sheets were cool and thin but the blankets would provide lots of warm as it was thick blankets. A soft faux fur blanket was neatly folded at the end and several throw pillows accessorized the bed. I laid back letting the pressure of today really fall on me. Soon I drifted off.

Tap. Tap. Tap. I groaned and mumbled 'shut up' I tried to doze off but it persisted Tap tap tap. I groaned again angry and stormed over to the window peering at the backyard there was Winston I smiled happily, ignoring how he found me. Opening the window I called to him.

"Win-Win! Win-Win!"

Winston cocked his head and ran in my direction I smiled but it faded when a strong authoritative voice called out also making Winston stop looking conflicted.

"Will!"

Will?

"Will come over!"

I noticed Weston calling to Winston but, Will? I called again hoping to direct Winston's attention back to me.

"Winston come here!"

He tore his eyes from Weston and came loping towards me. He leaped into my arms and I let him down inside. I smiled ear to ear. While ruffling his ears.

"Oh Win-Win how'd you know I needed you? Where is Will be was supposed to look after you, you naughty dog."

Winston wagged his tail and panted but seemed to smile at me looking as happy as I felt having him here. Then a thunderous voice boomed from outside my door and demanded I opened it.

"OPEN THIS DOOR!"

I knew it was Weston's voice only he can roar that loud.

"N-no!" I whispered yelled at Winston to protect me who stood guard in front of me growling

"Will?! Are you in there?!"

I was confused it was me and Winston. Winston growled again. Weston growled to loud and threateningly I wondered if a wolf had taken his place. He pounded on the door so hard the hinges creaked. I whimpered and nuzzled Winston.

"WHY DID YOU LOCK THIS DOOR!"

I almost smiled. I hadn't locked it the silly man.

"It's not locked Weston..."

I heard silence and a raging Weston came barging in. His cheeks were a bit flushed in embarrassment but he played it off with anger.

His eyes grew in size when he saw my cuddling Winston.

"LET THAT FILTHY BEAST GO!"

"NO!"

He glared at me so scarily I backed up my knees touching the bed. Winston growled at Weston who shockingly growled right back. He snatched Winston by the scruff and threw him out and he landed with a painful yelp. I screamed

"Winston! Baby are you ok?!"

Another growl erupted from Weston who desperately needed a doctor to look at his throat. I started to tear up looking at Winston who was breathing pretty shallow for any living creature. I started towards him but Weston threw me on the bed and slammed the door shut after saying,

"That's what you get for messing with something is mine!"

I whimpered think about my dog. Weston came toward me growling.

"It's time to teach you a lesson."

*******************************************

Hello again!
Sadly this may be my last chapter for tonight I'm tired and love sleep to much to lose it sorry. I hope you like it so far and also keep in mind next chap may have some steamy stuff, like hot potato stuff. Thanks for votes and comments!
-True Potato