«Chapter 5»

Dylan

I look up at the four rogues, three men and a girl. The three boys smirk at the girl who backs off. Then one of them hits her, causing her to fall back into the tree. Her bloodcurdling scream echoes in my ears. Why do i care, she's a rogue?! I tell myself. She keeps screaming for help and then she collapses. One of the boys takes her pants of and that's when my alpha instinct kicks in.

I run up to the rogue and pin him to the ground. In the next second i bite his neck and hear a snap. I jump up again, this time on the ginger one and scratch his chest. He shifts underneath me and pushes me off. I growl and in a attempt to kill him, i bite a piece of his ear off. He screams and sinks down in shock and pain. I jump on top of him and bite the gingers neck.

I look up to see the blue guy running away. What a coward. I shift back and quickly pull my clothes off my ankle before redressing myself. I want leave the girl there as she whispers, with her eyes still closed:"Alpha Greg, no please, please no!" She starts sobbing in her sleep/faint, i don't know.

She starts sobbing and screaming again:"No Alpha don't reject me! Please!" That sentence sends a pang of sympathy trough me.

"Leo, you're my brother no!" She sobbed again. "Alpha! You can't reject me and then rape me!"

That's it, rogue or not, she has suffered a lot and i will help her. I slide one arm under her back and the other under her knees. Then i carry her back bridal style.

Samantha

I feel two strong arms pick me up, up from my darkest dreams. I want to respond, to shout, to tell them it hurts, but i can't move. I immediately start panicking, what happened to me? What if it's the rogues who are taking me away? I start panicking when i hear a soft worried voice:"Oh shit! Her heartbeat is going fast! I've got to help her quickly!"

I try to tell this person i was ok, but before i can, darkness engulfed me.

I'm 12. Today i will be performing the song that i wrote on stage in front of the whole pack. I jump up and down, so damn nervous. That's when Greg comes to me. "Greg! I'm so damn nervous, do you think they'll like me?" I squeal.

He laughs before answering:"Angle, like? They'll love you!" He says.

Then he kisses me on my cheek:"Go on baby girl, I'll be proud of you!"

I look him in the eyes. "I hope we're mates." I whisper to him.

He smiles back:"I hope so to sweetheart!"

I walk up onto the stage and take a deep breath. I look around the crowd and Greg blows a kiss towards me. Theo and Leo put their thumbs up and smile widely.

"Hello everyone!" I start. "Today i will perform a song that I've written on my own, i have written this song because tough we might be werewolves, from the inside each and every one of us is just human. We all bleed when we fall down. We all get hurt emotionally and we all break down sometimes. I would not be performing here today if it wasn't for Alpha Greg and my brothers. Remember guys, i love you more than anything!"

The whole crowd cheers and claps as i announce the title:"My song, ladies and gentlemen, is called 'Human'"

Then I start singing as the some people start snapping their fingers at the beat.

I can hold my breath

I can bite my tongue

I can stay awake for days

If that's what you want

Be your number one

I can fake a smile

I can force a laugh

I can dance and play the part

If that's what you ask

Give you all I am

I can do it

I can do it

I can do it

But I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human

And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart

You build me up and then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

I can turn it on

Be a good machine

I can hold the weight of worlds

If that's what you need

Be your everything

I can do it

I can do it

I'll get through it

But I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human

And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart

You build me up and then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

I'm only human

I'm only human

Just a little human

I can take so much

'Til I've had enough

'Cause I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human

And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart

You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human

That's when i wake up. Wait, wake up? I open my eyelids to immediately close them again, the light is unbearable. I blink a few times before i get used to it. I look around me and see that I'm lying on a white bed, connected to wires, etc. Next to me there's a blonde boy, he's clutching tightly to my hand and he looks like he's asleep. All of a sudden i start screaming.