Chapter 4

Above is Alpha Kayla. Enjoy this chapter.
-Deamun

My eyes widen in horror at his words. He yanks me up by the hair, before pulling me out the door. I snarl, forcing his hand away from my head.

He turns around, eyes blazed in anger. They glaze over for a second before I'm tackled from behind. My head smacks the ground with a sickening crack.

They drag my limp body to the room and chain me to the chair. Josh grabs various torture devices and begins his work on me.

I grunt as he drives a knife straight through my chest, into my lung, and out the other side. This causes me to gasp for air.

He continues his work, clearly getting joy out of this. My wolf scratches at the walls holding him back. He wants blood, and I'm getting close to wanting blood too.

Right when he's about to break free, Aria bursts through the door.

"Zane!!"

She tries to run over, but Josh slaps her hard across the face. She falls, holding her now bruised cheek. I roar in anger, my wolf making himself known by my eye color.

Don't shift, we don't want them to know our fur color.

Got it, wasn't gonna show these pathetic mutts my color anyway.

I pull against the chains, my canines pushing out. I rip the chains off my arms, my wolf in full control. I let out another roar before my fist collides with Josh's face.

I stand over Aria in a protective stance. I'm kicked, slapped and stabbed, but I never flinch, and I never retaliate. I cover Aria from any blows, her shivering in fear beneath me.

As a whip is brought down on my back, I catch it with inhuman speed and yank it away from the man.

"Leave us be, I will not tolerate you attacking my human or any others. You're pathetic excuse for wolves. Leave now!!"

A strange tone lays in my normal tone, but I never remember being able to command someone. They quickly leave, and I can feel my wounds healing quickly.

As soon as the wound the knife has created tried to close around the horrid weapon, I clench my teeth. Since it was trying to heal, but it couldn't, it was slicing the skin over and over, and probably would until I took it out.

I go to yank it out, but Aria stops me.

"We need the doctor to look at it, we can't do much until he does."

As we walk, I decide to finally find out my wolfs name, since I never asked and he never told me.

So, wolf, what's your name instead of, you know..... Wolf.

My name is Lyall. It means shield wolf.

That's a very nice name, and I'm pretty sure I understand why your name means shield wolf...

Yep, you guessed right.

I grin internally, happy I finally know my wolfs name. I snap out of my little conversation to see that we arrived at the doctors door.

Aria knocks before walking in, dragging me in with her. My hand holds the wound, my fingers twitching toward the handle.

"Oh god..... Let's get you cleaned up."

I nod, glad she didn't ask questions. I grunt when she unexpectedly yanks out the knife. Slowly, the wound starts healing.

"Thank you, Aria wouldn't let me pull it out on my own."

She nods and we walk out. I flick Aria, chuckling. She looks at me with fake hurt.

"Why did you do that? I thought we had something special!"

She complains in a fake whiny voice, making it hard for me to keep a straight face.

"I'm sorry babe, but you don't deserve any of this."

I motion to myself, a fake smirk on my face. We can't contain our laughter and burst out laughing, catching a few of the pack members attention.

We look at each other before cracking up laughing again.

"So, wanna go for a run?"

I nod, catching her hand in mine. My wolf doesn't jump at the contact, and my heart drops, knowing she's not my mate. I shake it off before dragging her outside.

We both take turns stripping and shifting, before taking off at a sprint. We run side by side, leaping over fallen logs and racing around trees.

We stop for a rest at a lake. I look into the water, seeing the reflection of the sky on it. I then look down to see my ice blue and red eyes. I look over at Airas beautiful wolf. Her wolf was a chocolate brown that held her green eyes.

Even though she isn't my mate, my heart still melts just at the sight of her. I wish she was my mate. I would hold her close and make her feel loved instead of a omega.

I hear wolfish laughter, snapping me out of staring at her. If I was human, I would be blushing cause she caught me staring.

Like what you see?

I hold back my own laughter.

Nah. Just observing the trees behind you. They have a lovely green tint to them.

I hear her chuckle before she leaps on me and begins lightly chewing on my ears. I light shake her off, before playfully leaping onto her.

We should head back, before those idiots find out we haven't done what we were supposed to.

She nods and we take off to the pack house. I stop before we reach the tree line, and she stops with me. She tilts her head to the side, a confused look on her wolf face.

I motion to myself with a paw and she nods, understanding. She runs out, so I sit and wait for her. It feels like someone's watching me, causing my fur to stand. I look around, and sense no one.

I shrug and turn back around. She bursts through the trees, holding some of my clothes in her hands. She quickly hands them to me and turns around.

I shift, before putting on clothes as fast as I can.

"Your good."

She turns and we walk back to the house. On the way, I feel the sensation of being watched again. I look around quickly, seeing a flash of yellow before it's gone.

I shrug it off and walk inside. I quickly make my way up to my room and collapse on my bed.

"Night to you too."

I hear Aria speak sarcastically.

"Night."

I can almost see her roll her eyes before walking to her room. I chuckle before laying my head down a making myself go to sleep.