Chapter 5

For once, as I wake, it's peaceful. I hear the birds chirping through my walls, making a smile appear on my face.

Today is gonna be a good day, I just feel it.

I feel it too. I hope we find our mate.

I launch myself up and put my nicest clothes on. Those clothes consist of a dark grey shirt with a few holes, a faded black leather jacket, blue jeans, and black combat boots.

They kept these clothes clean for when packs visit. Or for when we got to other packs. Either way, they are the nicest clothes I have.

I leap down the stairs, startling Aria who is just heading out. I watch as she jumps before looking at me wide eyed. I crack a smile, making her smile too.

"Your up early....."

She starts feeling my head and stuff, fake concern on her face.

"I'm fine. I just have a good feeling about today. I hope- do you smell that?"

She shakes her head looking confused. I know it's the scent of my mate, I just don't know who it belongs to. It was strawberries and cherries.

"Never mind, let's go...."

I sound almost like I'm in a daze. She looks at me like I'm insane before heading out the door. I happily follow along, my hope making me happier then I should be.

Geez, calm down. Your getting over excited and close to shifting.

Right after he says that, I feel my eyes slightly burning, telling me that my wolfs eye color is showing. I don't want the humans at our school to see that, so I quickly calm down.

My mates scent fills my nose as we hit the parking lot, making my heart leap.

"See you later Zane. Have a nice day."

"You too Aria."

With that, we split and head to each of our classes. The scent gets stronger as I get closer to my class.

Mate is in our class!!! Go to mate!!

I walk faster, before walking through that door. My eyes land on Alpha Kayla, my heart freezes.

Mate!!!! Get to mate, claim mate!!!

My face lights up, my heart leaping in my chest. Her beautiful brown eyes capture all of my attention. They sparkle, before they are dulled by sadness.

I tilt my head a little, confused as to why she looks sad.

Zane, meet me by my car. I have something to tell you.

I nod and walk out, going straight to her Corvette. I like the car, even though she wants a Kawasaki Ninja for her birthday. I see her standing at her car, her face emotionless.

Why does mate look like sad. Comfort mate.

I walk up to her, a small smile on my face. Her next words freeze me in my spot. Those heart breaking words flood my ears, making tears roll down my cheeks freely.

"I Alpha Kayla Hornwood reject you, Zane Clawsworth, as my mate and soon to be Alpha."

I nod my head before turning and walking away. I head home, planning on packing my bags and getting away from there.

Tell Aria something before you leave... I don't want her to think we abandoned her.

I hear Lyall whine, sadness surrounded him and me like a cloak.