Chapter 13

Pain racks my body, and I instantly collapse.

Wolf's bane.....

I couldn't feel the area I was shot, which happened to be the center of my chest. Everyone was running around, the humans screaming while the weaker wolves ran back to the pack house. Kayla and Aria both bolt towards me, both their wolves had taken over.

"Zane!!"

The sound of Aria's piercing voice was enough to make my ears ring, but I couldn't respond as I was gasping for air. The wolf's bane was spreading quickly, restricting my breathing and movement. It felt as if I was being boiled alive from the inside out, with the addition of glass shards in my lungs, stabbing me every time I breath.

I saw the hunter run out of the corner of my eye, and Lyall tried to take over. It had me groaning aloud as the two women watched my wolf attempt to control me. My weak body and mind couldn't stop the change, and soon I was a giant black wolf, with half a white face, laying out in the open.

Almost everyone was gone, except for the high level wolves. They were supposed to deal with any hunter victims, even if they were a rogue. As if I cared. I stood and shook my fur, a grunt of pain escaping my burning throat. It didn't take long for me to begin stumbling after the fleeing hunter, eager to sink my teeth into his flesh.

The only problem was that I couldn't go very far before the wolf's bane restricted all my movement. It tended to kill a wolf shifter within 5 minutes, killing quicker the more you move. I could feel my collapsed body being lifted, the feeling of the wind rushing through my dirty fur told me that I was being carried, and carried fast.

My mask had been ripped, and my name revealed to those who were close enough to hear it. I hoped Kayla hadn't heard it, since I never wanted her to even speak my name again. But she was the only help I could get at the moment, so I was going to have to suck it up.

I must have zoned out for a while because soon bright white lights entered my vision, blinding me. A hollow snarl escaped me, even if it wasn't very powerful. They half heartedly set me down onto the bed, resulting in my body being jolted around. It seemed as if they were doing it on purpose, but I didn't care at the moment.

My gasping had turned to wheezing, my chest rapidly rising and falling as I attempted to breath correctly. I put a block on the mate bond. Even if I had been rejected, I hadn't fully accepted it and broken the bond. Which meant that if I let the wall down, Kayla would feel a small bit of what I was feeling.

If my name didn't give me away, then that would for sure. They began to grab needles and other things, ready to pull it out and shoot me up with the antidote. Only one problem. I absolutely hated needles. This caused me to thrash around, causing the poison in my veins to spread faster, while also injuring those around me.

"Stay still!"

The command ripped through me, causing a major pain in my head. Sure, I was a rogue, but I was still an omega. The only reason she was able to command me was because of the wolf's bane ripping through me, rather quickly.

"We are trying to help you, so please just hold still."

I could see Kayla standing over me, before I felt the prick of multiple needles. I growled, the soft sound barely heard through the ruckus. I could feel my body relaxing, the pounding of my head and my burning muscles ceasing. It felt like cold water was poured on my insides.

I could hear everyone around me congratulate each other, feeling different hands roam my fur, petting me. I huffed, too tired to do anything about it.

"Seems like he..."

I didn't hear the rest of the sentence, as everything began to fade to black.

This chapter is shorter because I wanted to get an update out as fast as possible. I feel really bad about not updating, so I give you another chapter in my book, which is becoming popular very fast. Thank you guys!!

-Deamun