Chapter 12

I pushed myself to go after her, even if I didn't want anything to do with her. It was easy to follow her, seeing as she was a clumsy wolf who left behind a very noticeable trail. I went around her, reaching the rather large rogue battle way before she ever would.

I knew these woods like the back of my hand, so I knew shortcuts to get here faster. I jumped onto the closest rogue, ripping its head off before it had the chance to kill it's victim. I didn't bother to check on the person I just saved, as I didn't care if they lived or not.

I was like a killing machine, killing everything in my path that was considered rogue. It didn't matter how new the rogue was. The metallic taste of blood was the only thing I could taste, the scent filling the air. It was satisfying. Too bad that there weren't as many rogues to kill as I would have liked.

I was covered in blood, most of it was a rogues blood. The pack was now glaring at me, hate filling their eyes. I didn't get how a pack could be so ungrateful to someone who had just helped them in battle. All they saw was a rogue, a wild wolf meant to be hunted and killed. One growl was all it took for the wolves to chase after me.

I didn't know if I could outrun the whole pack, but I was going to try. I turn, running as fast as my long legs could carry me. The feeling of hot breath on my tail made me shiver, pushing myself a little faster.

A loud yelp escapes my jaws as a jaw full of sharp teeth pierces my tail. It didn't take long for all the wolves to take turns biting me, ripping chunks of flesh from my body. They weren't fighting fair, but then again, I was a rogue.

I fought with all my might, kicking and scratching my way out of the horde of wolves that all wanted a piece of my flesh. I stood and bolted, leaving the pack of wolves stunned; blood dripping from their muzzles. The wolves hadn't followed me, and so I was allowed to limp, whimpering in pain before collapsing on the forest floor.

My wounds had begun to heal, but the amount of damage done would take a long time to heal, even for a wolf shifter. It takes a while for me to force myself up, and when I do, the sun is beginning to rise. I rush to my cabin, shifting and treating my wounds the best I could before getting dressed.

I limp my way to school, deep cuts and bruises covering my body. The worst thing that was visible was the deep bite mark on my neck. I wrapped it with bandages, not wanting humans to get pokey. I quickly walk in, the wolves that had attacked me looking surprised to see me, as I'm sure they thought that they had killed me in the forest.

I kept my head held high, my half skull mask on. The humans hold a curious look in their eyes, the want to know growing stronger the longer they look at me. I could play it off as a dog attack, but they would usher me to go to the hospital, to get it treated.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a certain familiar scent. Kayla. She was glaring at me, eyes full of hatred and some other emotion. The other emotion was so dull that I was sure she was trying to hide it, though I could see right through her. I pushed my way past her, not bothering to hide the limp that I've gained.

The wolves around us let out low growls, causing the humans to back away in absolute fear. I could sense Kayla come up behind me, her wolf showing itself.

"Don't show your back to me. Ever."

She ground out, her teeth grinding together. I turn around, a glare in my eyes.
"I will do as I wish, Alpha. You don't have control over me."

My voice came out deeper then normal, and she let out a low whine as her wolfs eye color finally showing. The other emotion stands out in her eyes, the anger way in the back of her mind with Kayla. Her wolf recognized us, and probably wanted to tell Kayla who we were. I glare, my anger not fading.

She seemed to sink back in her skin, and turned before taking off. Her friends followed her and I turned around, not wanting to waste anymore time with the nonsense. My eyes were burning their deep red, and I walked into my class.
                                ****

The final bell rings, signaling our release from this hell that's called school. I could feel the presence of the pack, and their hate filled glares piercing my back with daggers. I turn around, smirking under my mask.

"Ladies, ladies, I know I'm sexy and all. Better keep your girlfriends eyes off of me as well."

I was referring to the girls and their mates. In my eyes, they were all women. Nothing against women, the men are just pansies. I laugh and turn, walking out of the school. Before I even get three feet away from the school, I see a flash in the woods. It looked kinda weird, but I didn't pay any attention to it.

Before I can get off school grounds, a loud shot rings out.

Sup guys! I'm getting better at updating. So sorry that I had been slacking off for so long. I really need to update my other books..... Anyway, this book is becoming popular fast and I'm loving it. Seeing 20+ reads after a few days of posting is a really big achievement for me, and I thank you guys for it.

-Deamun