Chapter 8

I wake with a start. Not the good kind of start after a dream or something. The bad kind when something bad is happening. Like right now.

Right now, my cabin has a small pack of rogues around it, and they are sniffing their way around, smelling my scent. I stand as quietly as possible, before leaping onto the roof of my cabin.

It shouldn't be this easy to get away from rogues, and I should know. I have the scars to prove it. Rogues are known for being stupid, viscous and irrational. But, every once and a while, small packs will form and they become fast, stronger then a normal rogue, and very smart.

Which is why I'm hopping through trees, careful to avoid making any sound. My black coat makes me hard to see at night, but since the sun is rising, they would be able to spot me easily.

As fast as my sleek body will carry me, I leap through the trees. It would be alarming to any human or shifter that comes across me, as I'm going surprisingly fast for my alpha size.

Soon enough, I make it to another packs territory. I let out a huff of relief, happy to get away from the threat of a rogue pack. But my relief is short lived as a small growl rings through the trees.

"Who is on this territory?! I will make you pay!"

The angry voice booms through the trees, sending vibrations into my chest and through my paws. It's clearly the alpha, and I have no intentions of getting caught. I quickly let out a short bark, I then turn and hop away from his territory as fast as I had come.

But as you probably know, it was not a good thing to leave my pathetic pack alone for long, since they can barely defend themselves. As soon as I'm in hearing reach, which is a long way away, sirens lightly fills my ears. I push myself to run faster.

By the time I make it, the rogues are gone and there are two dead warriors. I watch from the tree line, not wanting to get caught again. I soon notice that Kayla is looking in my direction, and my blood runs cold.

My ice blue eyes widen and I tense, ready to run. I am, after all, a 'black' wolf with half a white face, so I shouldn't be hard to spot. But to my surprise, she looks away without blinking an eye. I sigh in relief and slowly walk my way back to my home, a bit exhausted by the events that have happened in a few hours.

Soon enough, boredom sets into my bones, and I stand and pace, not knowing what to do. I don't want to come out of my wolf form, and I don't want to go to the city.

Does hunting help? I'm pretty sure we could use a good hunt.

Your absolutely right, why didn't I think of it sooner?

Because your an idiot who only knows how to pace..

I quickly block him out, silently chuckling to myself. Of course I'm an idiot. I let myself get captured once, and I'm still helping them... Why?

I know I'm not gonna get an answer as I'm talking to myself in my head. Lyall can't hear me since I've blocked him out. I set out on my hunt, the scent of deer flooding my nose.

I think we can take one down... At least I hope so.

I quickly leap onto a deer, trying to get a good enough grip on it to move my jaws to its throat. I soon have a chance and I lock my jaws on its neck, the rest becoming a waiting game.

Soon the deer collapses to the ground, lifeless. I silently thank the stars, before I dig in. Once I've had my fill, I grab the deer by his back leg and I begin dragging him to my cabin, where I can store the rest and eat it later.

As soon as I enter the cabin, I quickly bury the deers remains, and I automatically know that no one knows it's here. I jump a little when I hear someone walking over here. I leap onto the roof silently, before I see Aria.

I leap down, and I stand tall, my tail up in a dominant stance. She lets out a squeak, obviously not expecting me to come down so fast. I sit and stare at her with a bored expression, wanting to know why she's here.

"Zane, please shift back. I want to talk to you for a little bit."

I roll my eyes, before I being the long process of shift in back. It takes about 20 min, and I see Aria flinching as the bones snap into place. She blushes and keeps her eyes looking into mine.

"What do you want to talk about?"

My voice is thick, kinda like how a bear would sound if a bear could speak. She takes a step back, her brow furrowed.

"You have to stop doing this to yourself, it's not healthy and your only hurting yourself."

I shake my head, ignoring what she said. I shake my head like I would in wolf form, before I scratch it. I look up to see her looking at me like I'm insane.

"So, you wanted to talk?"

She just nods and sits down.

2 hours later

"Their gonna start worrying, you better get back."

I watch and she nods and stands, before giving me a tight hug and walking out. I sigh and shift back.

What do you think about going back to school for a while? It wouldn't hurt, and it can help cure our boredom.

Fine, but only because I'm really bored. Just try to not get noticed please.

Fine mom.

I roll my eyes sarcastically. I shift to human form and put on the only clothes I have, which still fit surprisingly. I put shoes on and walk to a nearby river. I quickly wash off my face before I grab some money and head out to buy some stuff.

I go through stores, buying clothes and supplies for school. As soon as I'm done, I bring it back home. I make a little rack for my clothes and I make another rack for my supplies, including my school bag.

I re-dye my hair, and I then shift into wolf form and curl into a ball to sleep, since I will register tomorrow.

I feel so terrible for not uploading for a while. Just bear with me, I'm trying.

-Deamun