||23|| Misery

SANSKAAR'S POV

Light hit my tired eyes, opening them with hazy gaze. I looked around frantically, only to find the sun sending its' rays to way me up. I dreamed the same dream last night, about her. I hated her, I grit my teeth as I remember her betrayal, she acted like she did nothing and then disappeared without any trace. Where did she go? and why isn't she with me?

For the past 2 years, she occupied most of the space in my heart and mind. I began to relate everything in life with her, why was she doing this to me? After years of hard work on building this brick wall against myself and keeping everyone away from my sensitive heart, this one girl enters, breaks the barriers, comes inside and leaves just about immediately. I rose up and proceeded to the washroom.

As the cold shower hit my bare back, thoughts about her began scattering all over my mind. I swear, she wouldn't leave my mind even for a second, will I ever be able to see her again? What will I say if she does come in front of me? 2 weeks, 2 weeks in Cuba turned my life upside down, throwing me into this ditch with only one remedy, Swara.

The name acted like a cure to my depressed and broken body. The cure to my state of peace to my mind, when will I get this cure?

I turned off the shower and headed back to the closet to put on suit. After finishing my university in London, I readily took over dad's business. He wanted me to lead the companies as soon as possible and take it to new heights. At that time, it was the only way to get me out of her thoughts, only way to get rid of her memories and move on was to indulge myself into tons and tons of work which being the chairman easily gave me.

"Did you use all the hot water again?" I heard my bubbly sister, Uttara yell at Laksh. This was going to be fun, I thought as I rushed over to his room.

"Woman, let me sleep," Laksh yelled from under the covers while Uttara started to grab the pillow below his head.

"Not when you won't let me get ready," she snapped back hotly.

"Did he use the water again?" I asked them, watching the every day boxing match go on.

"Yes, I don't know why he goes racing in the night everyday and takes an extra long shower," Uttara angrily complained.

"He has his reasons," I said, he does that every single day.

It was the car where he had his date with Ragini and in the next 24 hours she disappeared, so he went out racing every night at that time to calm him down.

"I don't care, I need hot water to get ready," Uttara spat out.

"Why don't you call a servant to get it ready for you,"I told her calmly, it is better to get on the good side of the sister who is a lioness more than a human.

"He is responsible and he is going to pay for this," she claimed as she rushed out of the room.

Uttara was a very strong, stubborn young girl who would do anything to get what she wants from Lucky. Our parents sent her here after seeing our depressed state, we wouldn't tell them about anything which apparently concerned them even more and send Uttara here to keep us updated, company and more in shape. She did provide us the humour factor we needed, especially with Lucky and Uttara's constant bickers, it was a treat to watch them.  Like now, Uttara just got several screws of the Lucky's sports car and flushed them in the sink.

"I wonder why the wheels in the black sports car felt out," she said innocently in Laksh's ears.

"Shit, devilish woman, what did you do?" he asked with a horrified expression as he immediately stirred up. I let out a quiet chuckle at their childishness.