||28|| The Rainy Wait

SWARA'S POV

"Swara?" I heard my sister call out with shock from the phone.

I froze with astonishment, crap...what now? I glanced at Laksh who was equally as shocked as I was. Shit shit shit, did she HAVE to call Laksh, did she HAVE to call him right now and did she HAVE to hear me?

I quickly tossed the phone in Laksh's hand and mouthed TALK TO HER. He shook his head vigorously and handed me back the phone. This kept on going with Ragini staying on hold and both of us passing the phone back and forth.

An idea smacked into my brain as I snatched the phone from Laksh's hand and stormed to Sanskaar's office. He was sitting on his chair and smiling at the screen before I entered. His eyes turned bored and a smirk appeared on his facwhen he saw me run towards him, I rolled my eyes and handed him the phone and mouthed TALK.

"What are you-" he reasoned when Laksh put his hand over the phone to prevent Ragini from hearing us.

"Ragini, talk," Laksh hastily said as he pushed the phone into his ear. 

"What? Why? When? How?" Sanskaar asked as he raised his eyebrows at us with a judging look.

"Hold you horses already, just talk to her in your expertized British accent," Laksh muttered as he urged him to talk to her.

"Hello," Sanskaar said in a thick British accent. Woahh...he is actually really good at it, I would have never ever guessed it was him.

"Hi, so what is your decision?" Ragini asked gently from the phone which Sanskaar put in speaker.

SAY YES! Laksh wrote in huge letters on a paper and pointed to it in front of Sanskaar who looked back at Laksh with a frown.

"It is actually, we would like to meet you personally and conduct a few tests before hiring you," Sanskaar said instead of a plain yes which made both of us glare at him in anger and our jaws to drop open.

"Uhh...I understand! Where do you want me to come?" Ragini hesitantly asked. She probably felt bad after listening to this, she was a world class racer, taking no for an answer was not what she was expecting. I glared angrily at Sanskaar who was putting on his signature smirk.

"Delhi," he said coolly.

"Cool, and may I know when?" We heard Ragini ask excitedly from the other side.

"Tomorrow, if you can give me your address, I will send all the other details via email." Sanskaar responded, still in his fake yet amazing british accent.

"Awesome, see you then Mr-" Ragini started to thank him and bid her good bye when Sanskaar cut her.

"I need to go for a meeting, can I call you later?"

"Okay," Ragini said with confusion and hung up immediately after.

"What the hell was that?" Laksh roared at Sanskaar who blinked his eyes innocently, staring at both of us.

"What?" He asked faking innocence. I felt a rush of rising anger in me as I sent him death glares for the whole situation we were in.

"What do you mean what? Why are you so determined to ruin my overly perfect life?" Laksh dramatically said as I let out a chuckle seeing their argument.

"Why did you give me the phone then?"Sanskaar retorted with a smirk.

"Idiot, bastard, brute, stupid, careless, how could you get her to come here?" I started to curse him as I snatched  the phone away from him. He ruined everything for sure.