||29|| Ecounter

RAGINI'S POV

"Ragini, are you sure you want to do this alone?" Papa asked me one more time as he stood beside me and keenly observing my expressions.

"Yes papa, you can go find Swara now, I'm fine," I assured him once more in a gentle, caring voice with a bright grin covering my face.

"Take care and call me if you need anything, okay?" Papa finally gave in and left the place silently.

"Sure," I muttered as I watched him disappear into thin air.

Nervousness was peeking in my body as I pressed on my sunglasses with gentle breeze throwing my curled hair all over my face. Great. I was sitting on the terrace of a five star hotel, waiting for this stranger I talked to arrive, the scenery was beautiful from here. The sunrays glittering the marble table, the cool breeze providing the coolness in the hot summer day while I tilted my head right to see a magnificent view of Delhi greenness.

It had been almost 10 minutes since papa left and this stranger had to be here by now. Where was he? Why wasn't he here yet? I saw a faded black suit man walk in the terrace but I frowned as I noticed he was Indian. This man I talked to was a foreigner, so I sighed and tilted my head back to the view.

"Hey Ragini, long time no see what's up?" I heard a familiar voice as I jerked my head to face Sanskaar. Sanskaar Maheshwari sitting in front of me with a warm smile on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled out loud as I gasped in horror.

What the hell was he doing here? Instead of nervousness, anger started to circulate around my body as memories of Cuba started to flash in my brain. Honestly, I have no grudge against them and certainly don't want revenge like Swara. I am trying to move on and that includes from that kidnapping incident also, so I needed to give Sanskaar another chance, especially after the fact that I didn't get a chance to know him before.

"I am here to talk about the interview," he said sheepishly, shadowing his face while I let out an extra loud gasp in extreme horror.

"OMG, you fooled me?" I snapped brutally at him while the others around us started to look at us weirdly. Amusement and more anger started to fill in my throat as I looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

"No, you got fooled, I didn't do anything," he defended himself with a light chuckle.

"But you are the one who changed your accent and your voice," I said in disbelief.

"Blame your darling sister and your lovesick Laksh," he mumbled as he looked at me with innocence.

My heart did a quick 360 flip when I heard his name after so many years. Okay, only 2 but still feels like many years.

"Huh?" Was all I could manage to say while rest of my body went into switch off mode due to the effect of his name. Ughhh...I hate that man and the effect he has on me even after 2 years.

"Well, they got the phone and shoved into my face and then got me to talk to you in a british accent," Sanskaar honestly said without any hinderance.

I stared into his eyes with my mouth hung open when I heard those words. My own sister, my Swara did that to me? She lied to me that she was on some business work....how dare she??

"Look, I know I am extremely handsome but you don't need to drool over me," he flaunted  himself with admiration while I rolled my eyes at him giggling at his words.

"You are so full of yourself," I spat at him still giggling as he started to laugh with me. He was truly Laksh's brother.

"Haa..what can I do? I need to impress my sister in law after all?" He joked in a humorous voice while my breath hitched in my throat and twists in my stomach when I heard those words.