||41|| The Reality

SWARA'S POV

My heartbeat stopped when I saw Zain standing there, smirking in front of me while I stood there, dumfounded when he said, "Hey dear,  How are you?"

"What are you doing here? And where is Sanskaar?" I scowled at him hastily as I searched for Sanskaar in the entire room with my heart in my throat.

I gasped as I saw the blood stains on his hands, while he remarked with assurance. "Don't worry, these are not of Sanskaar's, these are of Laksh's,"

"What? What on earth did you do this time?" I retorted at him with fear, did he? Oh no!

"Ahh...so you still remember me?" He commented with a dark smirk, filling her evil face.

"Who can forget you? You tried to strangle me when you were 7, I wonder what kinds of crime you committed growing up," I retorted with annoyance as I rolled my eyes at him with a little dizziness at the side of my head.

He let out a deep chuckle, "Do you want the truth or the lie?"

"Does it matter? Is there a difference?" I snorted out with a smirk.

"Nice to know that you are the same old sarcastic Swara,"

"Nice to know that you are the same old idiot and evil Zain," I spat out in disgust.

He let out another humours laugh as his eyes failed to leave mine, his eyes were secured and cautioned on me, like he was making sure I don't escape from his gaze. But why so?

"If you finished your weird laugh, then tell me what did you do to Laksh and Sanskaar?" I questioned him in a cold, low voice.

"Why would I do anything to my best friend?" He stated with a heavy sigh.

The knot in my stomach grew larger and larger as I blinked my eyes rapidly, "Best friend? Who are you talking about?"

"Sanskaar. The Sanskaar Maheshwari," he said back in a bored voice with his hand sliding into his pockets.

"What? How do you know him?" I asked him bewildered.

"I could ask you the same," he countered with the same expression as mine.

"He is my.." I trailed off, unsure how to explain our relation. Should I say my sister's boyfriend's brother or my friend or my friend's brother or my kidnapper's dad?

After several thoughts of possibilities, I finally concluded, "My friend in University."

"Ohh..so you went to London University too? Interesting," he mumbled to himself dryly.

"Sure, but tell me how do you know Sanskaar," I insisted as my curiosity took over me as I yelled at him.

As he opened his dirty mouth to say something when a husky drawl caught me off guard from behind, "Long story don't ask,"

I turned around to see the owner of this familiar voice, of course, it was the Sanskaar Maheshwari, who was leaning against the door frame with his hand crossed over his chest casually. I stared into those hazel orbs which were assuring me and comforting me but something in my brain told me to not believe those deceiving eyes.

"Well, hello there, my dear partner in crime," Zain stated grumpily which snapped us both out of our long eye gaze.

"Partner in crime? Best friend? Sanskaar, what is going on?" I asked him frantically as I lunged towards him in long strides.

"She seems very important in your life, want me to spill out your past?" Zain voiced out from behind.

"Shut up Zain," Sanskaar scowled at him as he looked back at me with helpless eyes which were building a weird kind of fear in me.