Chapter Two

I pulled up to the Grand Lenox Mall. I went in and went straight to Neiman Marcus. I was now almost 10 minutes late which ticked me but it wasnt my fault.
Traffic was terrible

Once I walked in I had been greeted by my best friend Kayla.

"Girl where have you been? Mrs. Jones asked where you were ten minutes ago and I told her you was at the rest room. I already clocked in for you." Kayla had said as soon as I walked in.

"I was running late she'll be fine."

"Oh I will?" I turned around and Mrs Jones was standing there. Her long blonde hair was tired in tight pony tail and she was dress in business attire. She gave me a smirk as she stood there with her arms crossed.

"Oh I'm sorry Maria I was-"

"it's fine. Get to work. I have a meeting at my other job so you being my assistant manager and Clare being sick you'll be in charge. Take care of my store Cali." She said.

I nodded and she left.

"The truck came in and the others are already in the back. We have all three cashiers but we are low on CSR's." Kayla informed me.

"Who's all on the floor?"

"Just me." She stated.

I shook my head, it should have been more but people here act like they can't function right. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"I'll be out there."

Just then two men came in holding hands, we figured they were a couple and Kaila loved helping couples so she took them.

I waited awhile when a couple came in. They looked around until they needed my help. I was almost in shocked once I realize who it was but kept posture. I waited around helping others, not losing sight of who I saw.

Maybe I'm being thirsty..lemme stop

Christian

"Come on Chris!!" Ashanti ran and I watched all her ass move in her dress. I really wasn't in the mood to shop today but after that long "discussion" we had this morning I had too.

I caught up with her and we headed in. Newman's was always busy but I never mind it. I rarely come in stores since I shop online, plus I wasn't a fan of the public. I watched as her eyes gazed upon some Gucci's slides. They wasn't cute for the price they was but based on her look she was looking forward to wearing them.

After 10 minutes of window shopping she stopped back to the slides. She grab the display and showed me.

"Can I have these daddy?" She said in almost a whisper. I gave her a smirk nodding my head.

I looked for a worker until I laid my eyes on a head of dreads. From behind her jeans fit her well she was talking to another coworker who left. I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder. Once she turned around I couldn't help to smile. I haven't see her face in a minute.

"Hi how may I help you today?" she said looking at me.

"Damn you don't recognize me?" She looked me up and down, scrunching her brows before slowing smiling away.

"Hey you." She playfully pushing my shoulder. It's been a minute since I last saw her, damn near 6 months. She looked good, like always.

"It's been a minute hasn't it?" I smiled almost tensing up for her touch.

Calisé Daniels, the daughter of my now business partner Careem Daniels. Her pops taught all the youngins how to make it on the block so technically I almost grew up with her. Til this day I never understood why I acted a certain way around her but I always did. I almost believed she was a witch or something doing some voodoo shit. It was alluring.