Chapter Twenty Six

"One more week and my bestie gone have a rock on her finger!" Kaila said as we walked through the dress store.

"Crazy isn't. I'm surprised that I ain't as excited as you." I said.

" I know what's up with you?" she asked.

"I don't know. I just feel like something isn't right. I'm not sick or nothing I just think we're missing something." I said.

"Postnatal Depression maybe." I rolled my eyes.

She could be right. But it wasn't that. It was that feeling again.

"Everything is fine Cali. The kids are great, your fiancé is great, I'm great, everything is greattttt." she joked putting her thumbs up.

I loosened up a bit. It must be this wedding. I'm so worried that I might have missed something but all I gotta do is get the dresses. Then I had 7 days.. 7 days.

"Who are the bridesmaids?" Kaila said knocking me out my thoughts.

"Um you, Crystal, and my aunt Tanya. The girls are the flower girls so we need those." I said.

"Okay. So what do the dresses look like?" she said.

"We'll see." I said.

That ended the conversation and we went on with the day. We went out to eat and talked liked the little teenagers we used to be. I really missed those days to be honest.

After our little time together we finally went home to our families. I wasnt gon lie but when I went home I felt safer.

Once I opened the door I was greeted to Jayana and Layla giving me hugs.

"Hi Mommy!" Nyema said.

"Hi baby. What are all going still up?" I asked as I put my things down.

"Chris said we could if we left him alone." Mani said.

"Oh. Where is Essence?"

"Sleeping. I think that's why Chris say we have to be down stairs but he was in the bathroom crying."

I looked at them and headed up the stairs they followed me up there and as I approached the bathroom I heard sniffling.

"Can you see what wrong with daddy?" Emmy asked.

"Yea. Y'all go back down stairs and watch TV or something." I said shooing them away.

They huffed and walked back down stairs as I knocked on the door.The sniffling stopped and Chris opened the door to gave me a hug.

"Cali I don't know what to do." he said as he squeezed me tightly.

He began to cry again and I held him tight. I couldn't see him like this so I kid to know what was up.

"Chris what happened?" I said as he pulled from the hug.

"Momma... She-  her cancer came back. This done happen to many times and beat but she not sure this time ." he said.

I looked at him in his eyes. I can tell he gone through this before and I had to be there for him. He needs me more than ever now. This is so surprising though. Especially since I never knew about it.

"Chris I- I don't know what to say. I mean I'll-"

"Cali I just need you to promise me something." he said.

"Anything." I said.

"Promise me no matter what happens you'll be by my side. I love you and too much has happened to me for me to lose anything else. This family and you are all I care about. Just promise me you stay." he pleaded to me.

He was on his knees right now. This was hurting me just as much as its hurting him. I loved him as much as he loved me and I'll be damn sure if someone takes that.

"I promise." I said as a tear fell down my face. He got up and wiped my tear. I wiped his and he smiled.

"I love you Cali." he said.

"I love you too Chris." I said.

We kissed again and I heard an eww come from the girls. We laughed and they hugged us.

"U better now daddy?" Nyema asked him.

"Yea its just-"

He was cut off by the baby's cries. He sighed and began walking to their room. I stopped him midway.

"I got them, go and clear your head."

He smiled and pecked my lips.

"Nahh I rather say home. With my family." he said going into the baby's room.

I looked at the girls and the shook they head.

"You're really stuck with him now." Mani said walking down stairs.

Nyema followed up and turned around.

"I like this daddy." she retorted as she walked back down stairs.

I crept up to the room and peaked around the door. I sat in the door frame as I watched him feed Essence.

"Awl he think he a dad." I said remembering him saying the same thing to me.

"Shut up." he said. Remembering what I said.

I smacked my teeth and walked into the room.

" She looks like you Cali. She a splitting image." I smiled.

She'd drunk her milk and had already had her eyes closed. Chris put her down and we went to our room. The girls were in their rooms watching a movie.

Chris closed the door and grabbed me by my waist pulling me close.

"7 more days Cali." he whispered in my ear.

"October 5th." I smiled as he cuddled with me.

He sat on the bed and I fell into is lap. I turned around and wrapped my legs around his waist.

" What would I do without you?" he asked.

"Use lotion." I said.

He laughed and kissed me.

"I love you so much Calisé." he said.

"I love you too Christian."

I looked at him and everything just seem right. I love how everything just came to place as we finally settled down.

"So you gone tell me I do?" he joked.

"Nope." I retorted.

He put his hand where is heart was making me laugh.

"You know I will." I said smiling.

He chuckled and gave me a peck on the lips. I laid in the crook of his neck as he laid down on the bed.

I smiled thinking to myself.

I finally found what I needed.

The books coming to an end ☹️I have ideas on the sequel who will probably be about the kids as adults.