Chapter Three

"Baby don't leave." Ashanti pouted. She had just gotten out the shower and laid in a towel on my bed.

"Yea I'm already late so I gotta get on." I checked my fit one last time in the mirror and proceeded to leave.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it out my pocket. It was a text from Cali asking where I was. I checked my time and it was almost 3:30.

"Yea okay, probably gon see some bitch the way you dressing but do you."

I smacked my teeth ignoring her. She been getting on my nerves lately and ion like that shit.

I left and got into my Suburban. I drove to the little local restaurant Eats. I seen her sitting near a window in a booth. I entered and surprised her by putting my hands over her face.

"Guess who?"

She turned around and smiled at me. She got up and we hugged her. We let go and I sat down.

"Your not hungry are you? I just ordered something for me and Mani I ain't know what you want." She said.

I looked at the little girl who was sucking down some juice. She gave me a toothy smile.

I shook my head waving my hand. "I'll be ight."

After that it gotten quiet between us. Their food came and the began eating. Cali paid no mind to me while she ate so I had to start a conversation.

"How you been Cali?" I asked getting her to look at me. He big brown eyes had a gleam. It was beautiful.

"I've been great. Im taking care of my little sister Mani and I in our apartment, I have a decent job and everything else been fine. What about you? " she asked.

" Ive been traveling a lot, taking care of business while ya pops is gone. I try to keep up with life and keep money in my pockets. You know." I said keeping it short.

"Well I see we both doing good then."

"I mean you could say that, could be better." I gave her my infamous grin and she tried covering her blush.

We stared for awhile not saying much. Shit we ain't have to. I could tell there was something but I ain't know what it really was.

"So." She said and I looked up from my thoughts.

"Wassup?"

"When is he getting out?"

"Who yo pops? I can't lie to you and say I know. It could be earlier than we thought from last time I talk to him."

"Oh." Was all she said. They was never really the daddy daughter type, she rarely was around him and I only seen them talk a few times, once was an argument.

Jordyn ended up ask to go the bathroom. Cali insisted on going with her but since it was close she could see her. She let her go leaving us alone.

My thoughts roamed again to my past. Although she was young she was always a homie. Her vibe was real and her presence sent chills down my spine. It's crazy I use to want her bad. I mean it could be a possibility but there's boundaries. I have respect for her and her father and until then I'll be coo where I'm at.

"So where'd you run off too?" She asked drinking from her straw. The way her lips went around that I outta-

"New York and Pennsylvania, good connects out there." I changed my thoughts.

"Is that where you met the chick?" She raised a brow and I almost forgot who she was talking about.

"Ashanti? Yea, should of left her ass out there." I said letting my thoughts speak for me. She chuckled and shook her head.