Chapter Twenty Four

"I really thought about it. We need to leave before it kills someone." I said sitting up on the couch.

"I know I been thinking about it. I still got places in New York.

"That's good and far. What about everyone else?" I asked.

"That's up to them."

"I have a question Christian."

He raised his brow.

"Will all this be over before the baby is born?"

He stood for a second before nodded his head.

"I promise you it will. I done made so much to put y'all in danger, I'll make it right, for everyone." He touched my belly.

"I love you Chris. Although our relationship had more downs then ups. Your the father to my children and we need you in our lives. I need you." I said holding my stomach.

He smiled and sat next to me on the couch. He rubbed my belly and kissed me.

"I know I say this a lot but-"

"I love you too." I said knowing what he was gonna say.

"Actually I was gonna say you getting big but yeah I love you too." he said.

I hit him in his shoulder and he laughed. I smiled. I knew what I had to do and I was gonna do it. My family needs me and Chris. I love them to much and build this up on love, care and hope and it took keep too long to finally get where o needed to be.

I had to protect.

Two months later..

"Congratulations! Its a beautiful baby girl." my doctor said handing me my baby.

Tears and snot stained my face. Chris smiled down on us. He picked her up and caressed her.

"My baby Essence." he said.

"Essence Jaevohn Stevens."

He handed me get and she opened her eyes. She looked just like me.

"Another addition to the family." Chris said.

"Mhmm. Now all we have to do it close it all together." I said as Essence closed her eyes.

"What you mean? I hope you don't mean that cause we having more kids." he said pointing to my legs.

"Chris we can wait a year or two. I'm sore and plus that ain't what I meant." I said dangling my left hand in his face.

" Yea Imma marry you. Three months clean all we gotta do is leave here."

"Oh I can't wait." She smiled

What did they say about the house?"

"Some shit about breaking a lease, I get it okay." He rubbed his face.

"You sure? Money's been tight and-."

"I said I'd get it Calisé." He sat in frustration.

I sighed. Ever since the disappearance of Marvin and his crew moneys been low. I guess Marvin had the most connections but they all of a sudden don't want to deal with anyone who once worked with him.

Including Chris.

" Looks like you and the baby are fine. It's late and we can't really have you leave but you can leave in two days." he said leaving.

I was very sore although it was a couple hours ago. I decided to keep the baby in the room and sleep.

Christian

"You're asking her on Friday?" Adrian asked.

"Yea when we go to the hospital to pick them up. Everyone will be there." I said.

She was right. This family has had many problems but most been fixed. I love her and I need to show her more than ever.

"Where is she now?" Ty said.

"She still at the hospital. She getting out tomorrow and I can't wait." I said.

I couldn't wait. I could finally be in my own family. My pops would be proud of me.

"Bro done lucked up." Adrian said patting my back. I nodded.

"So he gone now huh?" Ty asked changing moods.

"Yea he ain't coming back." I said proudly.

"And if they do they gotta another thing coming." Drake smirked.

I chuckled to myself, I felt complete. I had a girl that made feel like the luckiest man ever despite all the ups and downs, I had children that I protected over, I had a mom who been there since forever and had my back even when we were on bad terms, I had my brothers who been by my side since day one and I had myself.

After I finally make it complete imma turn my life around starting off with moving. My uncle got me a little job back in New York and I'm gone be done with this thug shit. I finally found everything I wanted.

-

-

GUESS WHO'S MAKING A SEQUEL????!!!!

Name: Essence Jaevohn Stevens

Birth date: Nov 4 2019 4:32am

Gender: Female

Lbs: 6.7 pounds