Chapter Thirteen

One Month Later...

June

CALI

" Chris your always leaving me?" I pouted. He grabbed his keys and pecked my lips.

" Baby you know I got business to attend to. I'll be back home later I promise." he gave me a hug and left the house.

I sighed. He been like this past month and its making me suspicious. He assured that everything was fine but I was skeptical.

"Ain't y'all having a girls day? Go have fun ight I'll be home tonight. I might even pop up to see you." He said kissing me once again and leaving.

Just as he left I heard other footsteps. It was Kaila of course. She look was big and got lots of meat of her. She look good and she felt good too. She was about  7 months now so she was ready to pop.

"Cali girl its hot out side ion know if imma make it."

I gave her a bottle of water.

"Lemme go get the girls." I went up stairs and they were getting dressed.

"Yall want some ice cream?"

"Yes!" they said in unison.

I helped them get finished up and I followed them down there, all I had to do was get dressed and we could leave.

I put on a simple outfit and had my now silk pressed hair down. Although me and chris been together for half a year it's done a lot. I looked  healthier and most definitely happier.

I grabbed my keys and helped walk Kaila to the car

I grabbed my keys and helped walk Kaila to the car. The girls jumped in and I turned on some safer music for them to listen too.The girls sung along as I pulled out the driveway and drove off to the ice cream shop.

••••

"Mommy can I have cookie dough?" she said pointing to the cookie dough picture.

"Yea and what you want Mani?"

" Vanilla please."

We were next in line and I told the lady asked what I wanted. I told her and paid for it and brung it back to the car.

"Cali can we go to the park." Mani asked.

I looked at the time. It was early in the afternoon so I drove to the nearest one. They jumped out we walked across the street to the park in which they went straight to the playground. Me and Kaila sat on the bench watching the kids.

"I can't believe this." Kaila said rubbing her belly.

"I know, we gon less then two months for the baby. Our lives are back on track. We look good as hell, what more could we need?" I asked.