Chapter Twenty Three

Please tell me she's okay." Kaila said as the doctor came in.

" Well right now she's in critical condition and we don't know how long she will be out. The gun shot was indeed in her chest and it was inches from her heart. It didn't go through her and we can go through a surgery to get it out. There is a possible chance she will make it through the surgery but we'll take precautions." The doctor said walking back in the E.R.

Kaila started crying again. Drake patted her back to calm her down while Adrian watching over the sleeping Mani, Nyema and Kennedy.

"It's going to be okay Chris god is watching over her." My momma said.

I looked at momma and I felt some more tears fall from my face. If I lose her I lose part of myself. I was possible that Nyema will grow up without a mother and Mani and Kaila will lose her sister. She been through nothing but shit and I put her through it.

" It's 1:15 and I have to be home by 4. Do you want me to take the kids?" Momma said.

"Gon ahead. I'm staying here." I said.

She nodded and patted my back.

"It's gonna be okay. I promise. I know god. He will protect her. She a tough cookie." She said getting up hugging me.

Her and Adrian picked up the kids and took them to her car. Kaila and Drake stay for awhile and left at around 6. At about 7 they let me go in and see her. She laid there in the bed as the monitor slowly beeped.

I walked over to her. She looked so peaceful as she laid there. I touched her face. I couldn't help to think it was my fault but it was. I sat in a chair next to her and grabbed her hand. Tears welled up in my face as I looked at her.

" Cali I love you with all my heart. I can't stand to lose you and if I do I could never forgive myself. I need you here with me, everybody does. Without you there's no love, no family, and no me. I promise you i'mma make you my wife and I'll get out the game. I just need you to wake up." I said as tears flowed down my face. I know she couldn't hear me but it didn't matter. That's my word and I'm keeping it.

I let go of her hand and sat back to watch her. I didn't care about anything but her and I'm staying till she gets better. I don't care how long it will take. I love her to much to let go again....

CALI POINT OF VIEW

"It's not your time just yet my love."...

I felt a pinch on my arm and my eyes popped open. I saw the nurse inject me with something then check her papers.

"What was that for?" I asked but my voice was dry and raspy.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I remembered what happen. Quan shot me. The pain ran through stomach and I laid right back.

"How long has it been? Since I've been-"

"Almost a month. We came to check up on you and see how you were doing. It's a miracle you awake dear."

"Where's Chris?" I asked.

" I believe he's right there, he never left." She said pointing to the door.

His eyes had open and Chris looked sad. He looked up and smiled.

"Baby." He said running to my side.

"Hey baby." My voice was still raspy.

"Cali if you ever scare me again." He said kissing me multiple times.

"I promise." I said smiling.

"That is too sweet." The nurse said.

"When can she go home?" Chris asked the nurse.

"Well we didn't expect this so we will have to do a couple test, file out some papers and you can go on home on Friday." The nurse said.

"Okay." I said as she walked out.

"Baby you don't understand how scared I was of losing you." He said.

"I was scared too. I thought I was going to lose the baby or die. It would have really suck." I said making him laugh.

"I love you so much Cali."

"I love you too." I said.

He kissed me and the doctor came in.

"Okay Miss Daniels seems like your going fine but you have to be careful so don't do too much moving. You and the baby are quite fine. Now that's all we have for you so you can just sign out Friday morning.

"Okay thank you." I said.

The doctor nodded and left the room. Chris managed to get me out of bed and help me put on clothes. We signed the papers and he laid in bed with me. My chest and arm had a bandages on them so it was hard for me to get comfortable but I didn't mind it.

I just knew at this point we'll have to leave soon, it nothing but back and forth pain. It's gonna get some killed.

Me more than anyone.