Chapter Twelve

Calisé

"I haven't seen Chris at all. I know he isn't on a business trip cause he would of told me." I said to Kayla as I played with Mani.

It's been going on three days, no text no calls nothing. I know he couldn't of been cheating due to drake being gone too.

Kaila looked down at her phone She hasn't really been the talkative person she is and she's be fidgety lately. She hasn't looked at me either. I know Kayla and I feel like she holding something from and I wasn't feeling it.

"What is it Kayla?"

She looked at me with seriousness in her eyes.

"Nyema."

My eyes widen. My heart dropped to my feet as I realize what could be happening. She was safe where she was and I never had to worry, so why is Christian dealing with her?

" She- she's in trouble."

I looked her like she had two faces. What did she mean she in trouble.

"What do you mean she in trouble?! She's perfectly fine with my unc-"

"Quan's coming after her. Chris and Drake left to go get her before he did. I wanted to tell you but I couldn't cause I knew it would make you-"

"You knew about this and didnt tell me?! That's my daughter Kaila, why did you hold shit like that from me?"

"I wanted to tell you. I did Cali I just felt that they had it handle I-"

"That's my child though Kay. Her safety means everything to me and you or him not telling me what's going on just kills me. Expecting that from him would have probably shocking but you Kaila? You're my best friend, that's your god daughter. What if something happen to her then I wouldn't know because no one wanted to tell me."

She nodded, tears filled the brim of her eyes.

" I'm sorry, You're like my sister and I shouldn't of hid nothing like that from you. I trust them to bring her home safely but I felt you should of been informed too. I wouldn't want nothing to happen to her. I'm sorry."

I hugged her and she held me back. I took a deep breath, I prayed that my baby would get gone safely and to me. How did Quan know where she was? Christian held this information from me and I wanted to know why. I had a bone to pick with him but I know he had one with me.

I never told him I had a daughter.

Christian

On the back of the picture was the address. We pulled up to a big blue house and there was kids all around the way. Me and Drake got out the car and headed to the door but before we got a chance to knock the door opened.

"You must be Chris. Come on in."

We went in and there was at least 4 kids in the house. Bags were packed by the door and there was a older lady in the kitchen.

"Tanya this is Chris and his friend, Chris this is my wife Tanya and our kids Xavier, Nicolas, Jalen and this little one right here is Nyema."

All of them were boys except Emery. She walked up to me and looked at me with her pretty big brown eyes. She looked so much like Cali.

"Bear." She handed my a little brown teddy bear and smiled.

"Now look son. I know you probably didn't know about her, no one did. Cali was young when she had her and knowing my brother he wanted to get her hidden," he paused.