Chapter 16

I smiled to see Alina and Daniel in the corner near tables filled with all sorts of food, they were the only ones eating while everyone still seemed somewhat tense and untrusting.

Everyone else was still unsure and skeptical as they watched us walk through the room, everyone in small groups as they whispered to the few people they were familiar with.

Alina squealed at the sight of us, her voice breaking the silence as she ushered me forward.

I chuckled as she kissed my cheek in excitement.

"This is so awesome, we look hot, and we both have the hottest dates. Mama likes." She said with a grin as she wiggled her brows.

I looked down at a cookie in her hand and a glass of wine in the other. I knew Alina loved sweets, so I wasn't surprised to see her raiding the table for goodies and I would gladly join her.

"How many have you had?" I asked with a grin. She shrugged as she grinned wickedly.

"Stopped counting when she got to seven." Daniel answered for her as she grinned at me.

I chuckled as she kissed Daniel's cheek.

I felt someone tap me and I turned to see Pierre, his mate Giselle on his arm, her flawless skin one to envy.

Kieran shook both their hands whereas I hugged them both and thanked them for hosting and joining us.

I parted ways from Kieran momentarily as he spoke with James and I walked over to the bar, getting a glass of wine.

I turned around to see a couple approaching me, both looking nervous as they stopped in front of me.

"You must be Luna Charlotte." The woman said to me.

I smiled, trying to make her feel more relaxed as I nodded my head.

"I'm Alpha Solomon, this is my mate Luna Katrina." The man spoke.

"Thank you for coming, pleased to meet you both." I said with a smile.

I watched as Katrina grinned, her brown eyes lighting up, and I watched as her eyes suddenly grew wide as she looked behind me.

I chuckled as Kieran's familiar scent hit me and his hand soon found and rested on my hip as he kissed my temple.

"Kieran this is Alpha Solomon and Luna Katrina." I said.

Kieran's chiseled features broke and he flashed them a smile, hand extended.

Solomon slowly shook it, but I didn't fail to notice how he positioned himself in front of Katrina as if Kieran would spring himself upon them both.

"He is not going to hurt you." I said quietly.

I couldn't help but chuckled as Katrina growled at her mate, shoving him out the way slightly as she shook Kieran's hand happily.

Kieran grinned at the couple and thanked them for coming and invited them to sit with us as they appeared without company.

I smiled as Kieran walked me to a table. He had just sat when a loud growl sounded and I watched as two men started to scuffle in the corner of the room.

"Go." I said grinning before Kieran could even speak.

He smirked, kissing my lips firmly before he left.

"He's nicer than I thought he would be." Solomon said.

"To me, yes. But do not take his kindness for naivety, he does not stand for disrespect." I said.

"As no one should." Solomon said rightfully with a smirk.

I could feel the wine setting in, making me feel warm and lucid after a glass and I was in great need of relieving myself.

I motioned Alina over and she came and sat with them.

"Please, excuse me for a moment." I said with a smile.

I was in the restroom washing my hands when a woman walked up beside me as she looked at herself in the mirror.

I gave her a smile and she scoffed.

"You Lupin's sicken me." She growled as she fixed her auburn curls.

"You were not forced to come." I said looking into her dark brown eyes.

"I had no choice. My brother is Alpha and wanted to see Alpha Lupin for himself, he wanted to see what everyone is afraid of. And honestly I don't see much to fear." She said, her nose touching mine as she drew closer.

"Your ignorance shall prove itself in due time, I'm sure of it." I said with a grin as I dismissed her.

I walked out strongly as I began to make my way back to the banquet hall, stopping only when I felt a harsh grip on my arm, nearly yanking my shoulder from its socket. 

I looked up to see familiar eyes and auburn hair and I knew it was the woman's brother immediately as she stood behind him.

I growled at him warningly, yanking my arm from his grasp.

He growled and gripped my arms roughly as he growled in my face trying to intimidate me as he lifted me off the ground.

I stood my ground, watching as a huge body suddenly planted itself behind the man, hazel eyes burning with anger as the tall mass of muscle looked down at the man.

"Put her down." Kieran growled.

The man grinned, dropping me on my feet.

Before Kieran could move I had my clawed hand swiped across the mans face, scratching hard enough to leave a scar just before I kicked him between the legs.

The man growled in pain as he clutched his face and dropped to his knees, drawing his hand away to see blood stained on his fingers.

"Do not put your hands on me. Try it again and you'll lose a hand." I growled moving next to Kieran.

I watched as the woman ran forward, attempting to grab at me.

I watched as Alina intercepted her and shoved her back by the throat  and she fell to the ground.

She growled once more before turning and retreating with her injured brother.

Kieran turned towards me, eyes trained on my arms.

"I'm okay." I said, but I quickly saw that he wasn't, his body shaking with anger.

I could see Kieran's eyes switching between the dark orbs of his wolf and his hazel ones that I loved. I could see him struggling against his wolf who wanted to shift and finish off the man who tried to hurt his mate.

Without thinking I pulled him against me, kissing him firmly. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I kissed him slowly. I deepened the kiss, feeling Kieran's arms wrap around my body as he held me against him.

I pulled away slowly, pecking his lips once more before opening my eyes.

"I love you, Charlotte." He said aloud.

"I know. Now lets have some fun." I said with a smile.

Beauty and the Beastजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें