{Six}

Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.
-C.S. Lewis
*********

-Luke-

"Tell us about your friend Luke." My dad sad with a smirk after Maggie left. My mum nodded eagerly and hooked her arm with my dad's.

"Oh yeah. She seems really nice." I laughed and clasped my hands together on the table. "Well, she really is nice. But she's stubborn too. Like, grams stubborn." I started. They smiled as I continued.

"Uh, she also-"

"Alright. Looks like I'll be your waitress for tonight. So let's start with drinks." Maggie said as she walked up with a notepad. I smirked and looked at her with amusement.

"Would you look at that. Minnie Mouse will be serving me food." Maggie glared at me before facing my parents with a smile. "What would you two like?" After my parents and I put in our drinks she left to go get them, pulling the hem of her shirt lower to hide the exposed skin.
***********

-Maggie-

"Oh my God. Who is that cutie at the table you're serving?!" Bay asked. I glared at her and started pouring wine into two glasses before setting them on a tray.

"A guy I know from school. Why did you have to give me this shirt? It exposes my belly button." I said, pulling it down once again. Bay scoffed and smacked my hands away.

"Stop messing with it, you look fine! Now, I'm expecting you to tell me more about that dude." She said. I rolled my eyes and started on Luke's drink.

  "There's nothing to tell. He's just a new kid at my school. That's it." I replied.

"Says the girl who wasn't self conscious about her outfit until now." She muttered. I rolled my eyes and picked up the tray.

"Okay, whatever. I gotta go." I walked out through the double doors and made my way back towards the table.

"Okay, we have two glasses of red wine and a lemonade." I passed the wine to Luke's parents and gave Luke his drink.

They all thanked me and I took out my notepad, ready to write down their orders. "Okay, have you decided what you want to eat?" I asked.

I quickly wrote down each of their choices before excusing myself from the table, wanting to be as far away from Luke as possible right now.

"Quin, I have an order for you." I said once I walked in the kitchen. Quin, our lead chef, looked up and grabbed the paper from me. He smirked once he read it. "Fifteen to twenty minutes tops." He said. I nodded and went to go serve another table meanwhile.
**********

-Luke-

I watched Maggie as she talked with a little girl a few tables across from us, a smile grazing her lips. If she's this good with other people's kids, then I'd like to see how she is with her own child.

"Why are you smiling honey?" My mum asked. I blinked and turned my attention to her. "Nothing. This is just a really cool restaurant." I took a sip of my drink to distract myself.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Luke, guess who I ran into?" My dad asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Who?"

"Guess." He insisted. I shook my head.

"Just tell me." I pleaded.

"Come on, you gotta guess."

"I don't want to though. Might as well tell me." I replied.

"Just-"

"Dad I'm not gonna guess so just tell me or don't let me know at all." I said pleadingly, cutting him off. Mum stifled a laugh as my dad huffed.