{Fifteen}

This chapter goes to staycyplaysmincraft for being a supportive reader! Thank you very much!🤘🏻

You guys, the Chicago Cubs won the World Series last night for the first time in 108 years against Cleveland. Sorry for your loss LeBron! We know how much you love your home team.👊🏻✌🏼️

Okay, I'm done now.

She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings.
- Unknown.

  -Luke-

"Yes mom, the doctor says she's doing just fine, we just have to wait until she wakes up." I ran my hand through my hair and yawned as my mom kept asking about Maggie.

"Well that's great news. Make sure to send a hello to her parents, I'll try my best to visit her, but unfortunately something came up at the bank. I feel so terrible I can't be there right now." I smiled at my mom's words. Even though she barely knew Maggie, she still treated her like if she's known her for years. "Mom, it's alright. Don't worry about it. Listen, I gotta go, but I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay honey, love you!"

"Love you too mom, bye." She replied with a 'bye bye' before ending the call. I stared at my phone for awhile before stuffing it in my pocket, only to have it vibrate, signaling I have a message. I sighed and grabbed my phone again. The number was unknown and I furrowed my eyebrows at what was sent.

  Roses are red, violets are blue.
Everyone hates Maggie, and you should too.
She's sleeping right now, who knows how long,
But maybe this time, for good she's gone.

Another message came from the same number and I widened my eyes. It was a photo of Maggie on the hospital bed, but what caught my attention was the electrical socket in the corner. The plug to one of the machines that were draining the water from Maggie's lungs was pulled. Suddenly the door to her room opened and Miranda stepped out with a panicked face. "Luke, get in here, now." She ordered. I scrambled into the room and the first thing I noticed was the heart monitor, which had a flat tone. That was the only sound that filled my ears as I stared in shock at Maggie lying on the bed. Sarah looked worried and she kept clicking the emergency button by the bed, their mom and dad were standing by Maggie's bed and crying, Miranda was holding a wailing Graham, and a doctor along with two others nurses were running in the room, yelling instructions to each other. But all I heard was the sound of the flat tone.

Slowly, every single sound came rushing to me when someone started shaking my shoulders. "Sir, we need you to leave the room right now." I looked at the nurse and back at Maggie as the doctor placed two defibrillators on Maggie's chest. "Maggie?" I tried walking towards her but the nurse pushed me back. "Sir, you need to get out-"

"No! I'm not going to leave her. Maggie!" I tried getting past the nurse again without pushing her down until Miranda appeared. "Luke, you need to let them save her. You need to get out, let's go." She pulled on my sleeve and I stumbled behind her, walking backwards with my eyes still on Maggie. Then the message popped in my head. I pulled away from Miranda and ran to the doctor, ignoring the nurses and their protests. "The plug!" I yelled. Doctor Henceforth looked up at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" One of the nurses tried taking me out of the room again but I shrugged her off. "The plug to the machine, it isn't connected!" He widened his eyes and looked at the socket, noticing the plug laying on the floor he bent down and plugged it in.