{Twenty-nine}

Double update because I have no life.......

If you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. But by all means, keep moving.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

-Luke-

I sat outside the interrogation room right by Evan, waiting for Maggie to come out. It's been only ten minutes since she went into the room with the female officer that walked in after the other officer led her inside. Sarah would text me once in awhile asking for an update, and so far I would reply with 'still waiting'.

I looked straight ahead, watching as people in uniforms walked back and forth, files in their hands or an energy bar.

"So it's clear you have feelings for my daughter." I snapped my head towards Evan. He was looking down at his hands as he messed around with them. "I know I asked you awhile back to bring her back, you know, make her happy again. You told me that Graham was already doing it, but what you didn't know is that you are too in some way. You didn't leave when we heard what happened, you stayed silent and you held her hand the whole time, reassuring her that everything would be fine. And I for a fact know that if it were allowed you'd be in that room with her doing the exact same thing. Just by sticking by her you've given her happiness. I respect you for that Lucas."

I opened my mouth to thank him but he cut me off. "But, frankly as her dad I can't really make it so easy for you. Especially now. Not that I don't trust you, but it's sort of my job." I nodded my head slowly, trying to see where he was going with this.

"I will allow you to kiss her cheek, hug her, and even hold her hand. But so help me if I see your hand in a spot too low or too high, I will walk into this station and go behind bars after these men find your dead body, you hear?" I gulped and nodded my head.

"Loud and clear." I replied.

Suddenly the door to the room opened and the female officer rushed out, a serious expression on her face. She walked to the male officer from earlier nearby and handed him a photograph. "It's him, we have a location and exact description." She said. The male scoffed and started speaking codes into his walkie talkie, both of them running off outside and into their vehicles. Evan and I stood up as another officer came out with Maggie and motioned for all of us to follow.

"What in God's name is going on?!" Evan asked.

"Sir, the man who raped your daughter has an arrest warrant in nine other states for the same reason. We've been trying to hunt this man down for two years already. He changes his identity every time he's on the move and all ties are cut off randomly." I widened my eyes as they took the three of us to a bigger vehicle outside, motioning for us to get in.

"If we catch this man he's going to be thrown in jail with a life sentence." I leaned forward between the front seats and hit the gate in the middle.

"Then step on the bloody gas!"
————

-Maggie-

After I had explained everything to the lady, she had asked me to describe the man. I scratched my forehead and tried my very best to get the details correct.

"He was about 6'1 in height, uh dark auburn curly hair, tan skin tone, he's probably in his late twenties. He has brown eyes-"

"Wait hold up," the lady had stopped writing and she walked out of the room momentarily before coming back in. She slowly passed me a photo of a man. "Maggie, is this the man?" She asked. I looked down at it and my heart dropped as I nodded. The lady stood up, her expression went from calm to urgent.