Chapter One

Alright guys, here it is. I have high hopes for this story, so I'm truly excited to hear your reviews! Please share every thought you have, and be sure to vote so I can get this story to #1 just like 'Silently Falling.'

Attached is me* sometimes when I read books I always wonder what the author looks like so just in case y'all did, here I am haha!

Please don't forget to vote if you're loving this book!

FTR: first time reader
RR: re-reader

Chapter One

"Smile!"

My books almost fall out of my arms due to the heart jumping surprise I suffer through when I hear the familiar click of a camera go off. I whip my head to the side and see my best friend, Chloe, holding the newest Canon camera up to her smiling face.

She laughs and flips the camera around, waving it slightly so that I can barely see the most likely horrid picture of me on the screen.

"I think this one should go on the cover of the yearbook." She hums with a sly smile.

I look closer at the small screen and cringe at the picture she captured. I was mid-scowl when she took it, so my light pink lips look as if they've been poorly sewn together. My dark brown eyes are squinted since I was apparently in the middle of blinking, and somehow she managed to capture me looking utterly cross eyed. My chocolate hair that I actually took the time to make look wavy this morning instead looks tangled and frizzy, and I know for a fact it didn't look like that just a few seconds ago.

"I get that I'm not a photogenic person, but really?" I grunt, looking away from the picture to put my books away since my arm is about to collapse from the weight.

Chloe laughs and turns her camera off, carefully placing it in it's bag- always slung around her shoulder. "It's not the most flattering picture ever, no. But the camera lied, you actually look really good today." She compliments.

I smile over at her and then glance down at my outfit. "Thank you, I put some effort into it this morning believe it or not."

I chose simple light wash jeans, a dark brown belt and ankle boots, and topped it off with the most uncomfortable sweater on the face of the earth. "I could have chosen a softer sweater though." I mutter, itching my arms as the fabric creates rash-like symptoms on my skin.

"Next time try out American Eagle's soft and sexy section." Chloe offers, struggling to put the lens cap on her camera. "They may not look completely sexy all the time, but they are soft." She says, finally snapping the cap into place.

People like to say that Chloe and I look like we are sisters. We both share the same brown eyes and brown hair, our face shapes are scarily similar; hell, even our noses could be switched and no one would be able to tell the difference.

As for our personalities though, that's where we differ.

Chloe is a little bit more reserved than I am. When it comes to boys, she struggles to find what to do. I myself am no boy magnet, I've only ever had one real relationship and it only lasted two months, but it's more male contact than she's ever had. She doesn't take as many risks as me, not that I take a lot in the first place...

I'm the sarcastic one of our dynamic duo, and she's the brains. She's a full IB student, head yearbook photographer, and excels in everything she does. Perfect home life, perfect family, and it sometimes annoys the shit out of me. Nonetheless, I love her just as if we were related by blood and nothing will ever change that. If she didn't annoy me, our friendship wouldn't be authentic.