Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

As I walk into art, I feel like years have gone by since I last stepped foot in this room. In reality it was only one weekend, but it was a weekend absolutely filled with drama. My parents divorced, I spent the night with Hayden, and I discovered Noah has been lying to my face.

My body floods with shock when I see Hayden perched in his seat- the first he's actually been here since I started dating Noah. He's talking with Mr. Duncan, brows furrowed in stress as they speak quietly with one another.

"Should I be worried that you guys are like planning my death or something?" I joke as I walk closer to them.

Hayden's eyes snap towards me and the stress vanishes from his features and turns into a smile. "Hey Cupcake."

Mr. Duncan turns and smiles at me, "Morning Reagan, coffee's on the desk."

"Thank you Duncan."

He smiles but it melts into a frown quickly. "I heard about what happened with your parents, are you okay?"

I smile and walk towards him in order to give him a small side hug, "I'm okay, thank you for asking."

He gives me a small squeeze, "Of course, Reagan."

I grab the coffee from his desk and then walk towards Hayden. "You're here awfully early." Then I pause and add, "You're here. Where have you been the last few weeks?"

He gives me a guilty side glance, "I told you, I've been busy."

"Oh right, had to catch up on all those booty calls," I joke.

He chuckles, but it seems rather forced to me and he changes the subject. "So...how did things go once you left?"

I sigh and start playing with the lid of my coffee, getting small droplets on my fingers that will no doubt just make my skin sticky.

"We talked things through. The agreement mostly," I explain.

He turns his chair towards me and lays back in it lazily, but his full attention stays on me. "Did you get your questions answered?"

I shrug, "Yeah. Not that I really wanted to hear any answers they had."

He frowns, "I get it," then he pauses for a moment and clears his throat, "so, uh, did Noah find out where you were that night?"

I almost scoff, "Yeah. But it doesn't even compare to what I found out about him."

Hayden's brows shoot up and he sits up in his seat, my comment clearly sparking his interest. "What did you find out?"

I look up at him and sigh, "He didn't write my letters."

His brows shoot up and he seems rather speechless, so I continue.

"So once I found out, I talked to him and after he admitted it, I ended things." I say without feeling a tinge of regret.

Hayden seems to finally find his voice, "I'm sorry Reagan."

I glance at him and see the lightness of his eyes and the relief in his features and I chuckle, nudging him. "No you aren't."

He smiles back and shakes his head, "You're right. I'm not."

I feel a familiar smile spreading across my lips and I look away as a small blush spreads across my cheeks.

"So, now that you dumped Mr. Not-So-Goody-Two-Shoes, what are your plans for prom?" He asks.

"I think there are shorter nicknames," I tease.

He smirks, "Oh there are much shorter nicknames, I just want to keep this PG." Then he leans in closer and says in a much lower tone, "For now."