Chapter Thirteen

Good news! We broke the top 100! Cover november232000

Who do you like better? Bruce or Angel?

Chapter Thirteen

     Dear Beautiful,

     I've heard many different descriptions of the 'perfect man.' A man who completes you. A man who is willing to protect you with his life. A man who will love you and only you. A man that will always be there for you.

     Well, yeah. Those qualities should be correct, but I feel that the perfect man's description should go deeper than that because your relationship should be more than kind words.

     The perfect man should know exactly how to make you laugh, not every other girl in the world. He should know the single word that can have you smiling like a fool, what to say to make you blush. He should know where to take you on the perfect date. He should know when it's the perfect time to kiss you and compliment you- he should know that that time is always. He should know that on some days you want a chivalrous man, the one who will offer his coat and umbrella to keep you warm and dry. He should know that other days, you will steal his umbrella and laugh as you splash around in the puddles with him, knowing that he will be there to take care of you when you catch a cold. He should know that once you get ahold of his sweatshirt, he will never see it again.

     He should know how to cheer you up when your day has been tough. He should know when to let you cry, when to tell you it's okay to be upset instead of trying to fix things. He should know that sometimes just being in one another's company is enough, that all you need after a long day is to be in his arms. He should know exactly how to hold you to melt away your fears. He should know how to forgive you after a fight and save his pride for the guys. He should know that you're not perfect to yourself or the rest of the world, but that you're perfect to him.

He should know how to love you.

Beautiful, I want to be your perfect man because you're already my perfect girl.

     Love,

              Anonymous

I roll my bottom lip between my teeth as I finish reading my lengthy letter and refold it. I can't stop smiling as I place it back in the envelope with the sealed heart and place it in my back pocket, safely tucked away until it finds its new home among the others.

"Hey," Chloe says as she walks up.

I smile at her, "Hey, what's up?"

"I want to go die in a hole, that's what's up." She mutters, throwing her back against the lockers with a heavy huff. "Being full IB is honestly the most stressful thing in this entire universe."

"I tried to warn you..." I trail off.

"Yeah I know, I should have listened."

I go to reply to her, but my words get stuck in my throat and morph into a laugh as I see Hayden and Cole walking around the corner. The entire hallway goes silent as they watch Hayden walk past them, and he keeps a stone expression on his face. Once everyone in the hall gets over their initial shock, they try their damned hardest to keep themselves from doubling over in laughter.

As my part of the bet, Hayden was forced to wear a 'Hello Kitty' shirt a few sizes too small, complete with hot pink short shorts and crocs. The shirt is so tight that the bottom few inches of his stomach are poking out, and the hot pink shorts accentuate the dark, course hair on his legs, but they do make his butt look good- and they make him look particularly, erm, happy in the front. The crocs tie the whole outfit together perfectly.