Chapter Twenty One

This chapter isn't the longest, and I know the last chapter wasn't either :( but the next chapter is going to be lengthy ;)

**Cover @dreamcatcher0208 **

Chapter Twenty One

Dear Beautiful,

I've mentioned many times what it seems girls want in the perfect man or who the perfect man should always be- the man I strive to be. But I've never really written my insecurities or the things I would want in a relationship. My perfect girl.

I want the girl who won't get annoyed with me when I send her four messages in a row because I split up the way I talk. I want the girl who wouldn't mind going on long car rides with me just for the heck of it. I want the girl who won't mind me kissing her after eating a big bite of pizza. I want the girl who accepts cuddling with open arms. I want the girl who I can have a deep and meaningful conversation with and at the same time we can joke about the dumbest of things. I want the girl with the sarcastic, witty sense of humor. I want the girl who won't take any crap off of anyone and can throw sarcasm right back at me.

I want the girl who will always choose me without thinking twice about it. Because when it comes to you, Beautiful, I'll choose you every time.

Love,
Anonymous

I fold the letter and delicately place it back into its envelope, biting my lip to hide my smile the best I can. I slide the stark white envelope into my backpack for later and zip it back up, careful not to catch it on my folders. 

My feet start carrying me towards the lunchroom after I get a text from Chloe saying she was already there with Logan, and as I text her back I feel two large figures walking next to me.

From the corner of my eye I see two tall, muscled guys walking on either side of me.

"Hey Cupcake."

"Dude, you call her Cupcake?"

I scowl at my phone and look at the two of them- towering over me. Cole is on my left with Hayden on my right.

Being in between two hot guys is definitely enough to boost one's confidence, but the testosterone levels I'm sandwiched between are almost too high.

"Against my will." I mutter, tucking my phone into my back pocket.

"Pretty clever, right?" Hayden smirks, high-fiving Cole over my head.

"It's killer," Cole responds.

Hayden looks at me and raises one brow with a cocky grin. "Someone looks awfully happy. Let me guess- you read one of those cheesy love letters?"

I give him a flat look to hide my blush of being caught on a high from my anonymous lover.

"You've never read them, how do you know if they're cheesy or not?"

He chuckles, "Good point."

"Unless you actually read them when you steal them from me," I scowl.

He smirks. "Something like that."

Him and Cole say goodbye to me and walk off down a hallway we passed to go to their class, and as they walk away I suddenly realize the huge dilemma I'm in.

First of all, I'm crushing on Hayden which is a big no no. And secondly, I'm crushing on someone who didn't write my letters which is an even bigger no no.

I'm being disloyal to the letters that have been so honest and faithful to me.

Hayden couldn't have written the letters because of how confident he is. He's the type of guy to flat out tell me if he was the author, and he obviously hasn't done that.

He has nothing to lose if I were to reject him; Hayden has a line of girls to fall back on.

He must not return the stupid feelings I have for him either. Sure he's overly friendly with me and I feel comfortable around him, but if he liked me the way I apparently like him, then he would be jealous about me getting the letters.

So either he wrote the letters and is somehow completely opposite of his actual personality and is too shy to tell me, or he didn't write them and doesn't like me.

Each option gives a completely different outcome.

And then there's the fact he said all mysteriously 'how you don't see it.' Like, come on who speaks so vaguely like that?

What do I not see? That he's playing me? That he likes me?

Noah snaps me from my thoughts as he walks up with his usual dazzling smile. His black shirt accentuates his lean muscle and his dirty blonde hair is styled handsomely.

"Hey Reagan," he smiles.

I smile back as he falls into step next to me, relieved to have a distraction from my thoughts. "Hey Noah, how are you?"

"I'm good. I feel like I haven't seen you in years though," he jokes.

I chuckle, "It's been, like, three days."

He nudges me with his arm with a flirty smile. "That's still too long."

I blush lightly and tuck my hair behind my ear.

Shoot.

I have a crush on Hayden, and I think that maybe, just maybe, I have one on Noah too.

Shit.

"Ready for English?" He asks.

"You know I'm not."

"Why? Mrs. Hughes loves you!" He teases.

I look at him and chuckle. "Right, I'm obviously her favorite. I think she'll even retire in my honor."

Noah laughs, his bright teeth on full display.

I wonder how much money was put into his smile.

"I can't deny that I love your sarcasm," he says. "I feel like every guy secretly wants a sarcastic girl," he chuckles.

I snap my eyes up to him as soon as he finishes, my own eyes slightly widened.

My letter this morning said something scarily similar to that.

'I want the girl with the sarcastic, witty sense of humor. I want the girl who won't take any crap off of anyone and can throw sarcasm right back at me.'

I clear my throat and force myself to chuckle. "That's good to know." My voice comes out calm and steady, but inside I'm a nervous wreck.

Was that just an amazing coincidence or was he hinting at the letters?

Vote! Comment! Don't hold back ;)