Chapter Five

It's pretty amazing the difference of popularity between this and Silently Falling. SF took a while to get on the what's hot list, and this story is already 270! It's only a matter of time before we reach #1 ;)

Chapter Five

Slipping some of my bacon to my dogs, I throw the rest into my mouth, kiss both my parents on the cheek, and drive to school. Mr. Duncan gives me my daily coffee when I walk into his room, and I drink it while working on a new drawing.

"What are you working on this morning?" He asks as he walks over to me.

I show him my notebook and he smiles with a nod of approval. I drew Angel and Bruce this time, but it's an image from last night. After my parents settled down and their fight came to an end, I was finally able to focus on my homework. Bruce and Angel got cuddled up on my bed and Bruce, being the chivalrous dog that he is, grabbed my comforter in his teeth and draped it over him and Angel.

It was absolute goals.

Mr. Duncan slides the notebook back to me. "You have a natural talent, Reagan. Do something with it."

The way he looks at me shows that he's proud of me, and it means a lot to have that approval from him. After all, I see him as sort of family.

I smile at him and tuck some hair behind my ear as I shake my head. "Thank you, but a lot of other people have the same natural talent."

"Maybe, but focus on the fact you have it in the first place. Do you know how many people are in this class and don't have a clue what they're doing?" He asks with a chuckle.

I chuckle too and give him a thankful smile. "Maybe I will do something with it down the road."

He taps my desk once and walks back to the front of the room. "If you ever sell a piece for more than a thousand, I want half for being so motivating." He says, sending me a teasing smile over his shoulder.

Shaking my head at him, I snort and place my notebook back under my desk since the bell is a few short seconds from ringing. The rest of my class starts filling in within the five minutes they have, and I'm shocked to see Hayden in class yet again. On time.

I've always seen him as a slacker that doesn't take any of his classes seriously. But he's actually showing up, so maybe he's not as bad as I thought? I glance around the room as he walks through the door, wondering if maybe he's hooking up with someone in this class and is only coming every day to see her.

He doesn't look at any one girl in particular, though. He walks in with a confident smirk and surveys the class's female population, his eyes giving every girl the same amount of time before deciding who to sit with.

Can you guess who the oh so lucky girl is?

Me. For the fifth time this week.

I decide that instead of silently brooding and hating him from this close, I may as well ask him to move. What harm could it do?

"Look, Hayden, I don't mean to sound too forward or rude, but is there anywhere else-"

"We can meet up? Yeah, I know lots of places, Cupcake." He cuts me off, a cocky grin in place on his lips.

I give him an incredulous look and shake my head. "What? No. I was going to ask if you-"

"Could give you a good time. I know, and I'm saying yes." He cuts me off again, but at this point I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

One more time, Hayden.

One. More. Time.

"No." I say sternly, my annoyance clear on my face. "I want you to-"