33. Espionage

Sam tried her best to keep her attention on Professor Rosen, despite the death stare she was getting from Katherine. Brow furrowed with confusion, the girl tried again and again to access Sam's mind, each attempt proving fruitless.

The professor had led them out another set of doors, and they stood looking out at the heart of ISH. Professor Rosen began to explain each of the buildings.

    "The tallest building there in the middle of the lawn is the control tower. All of the ISH's important systems are controlled from up there, including the security systems, the plumbing and the power. Only staff is allowed up there, so I'm afraid it's not included in our tour."

"The large buildings on the far side of the campus are the student dorms. Many of our students come from all over the globe, which makes it difficult for them all to find housing beyond the school. There are, of course, exceptions," Professor Rosen continued. "On our left we have the training hall and the archives."

"Archives?" Daniel asked, looking at the Roman styled building the professor had pointed out. "What's that?"

"The archives not only keep many historical documents pertaining to super heroes, but they also contain all the research materials the students need," Professor Rosen said. "Books and computers filled with valuable information. We believe that mental strength is just as important as physical strength."

"So it's a library?" Sam asked.

The professor made a face. "That's perhaps a cruder way of putting it. But yes, if you want to call it that so you can comprehend it better, please do so."

Sam blinked. "All I meant was that, when most people say 'archive' they mean-"

"And moving on," the professor interrupted, "We have the lovely science lab to our right here. My personal favorite, which will be our first stop on the tour. If you all will follow me."

The young ones fell into step with Professor Rosen, who led them at an alarming speed.

"She seems eager to get to the lab," Daniel joked quietly to Sam. "I wonder if she's excited."

"Excited? Her?" Sam made a point of quickly glancing at the professor. "I doubt it."

Daniel snickered but forced his expression to become blank when the professor looked back for a split second.

Sam noticed Katherine, traveling a bit behind them, was still peering at Sam intently. It made her uncomfortable. She continued with her Spice Girls serenade.

So here's a story from A to Z, you wanna get with me you better listen carefully...

"Hey," Sam whispered to Daniel. "Do you get the feeling that... I don't know, maybe your sister doesn't like me?"

Daniel smirked. "Honestly it's a miracle if Katherine likes anyone."

"I can hear you guys," Katherine said with a slight smile.

"Ice cold. She doesn't even deny it," Daniel said, still whispering as if Katherine wasn't listening. Sam managed to muffle the outburst of giggles that she couldn't hold down any longer.

Randy turned around and shushed them all, which only made Daniel and Sam laugh harder. Finally, Professor Rosen had had enough.

"Listen up," she said, stopping suddenly and whirling on them, "When you are a student at ISH, you will be treated like an adult. You are expected to act like one- at all times." She continued towards the science lab, Randy hot on her heels.