May I Have This Dance? - Taylor Caniff Imagine for Cassidy

*from my Tumblr*

www.graceelizabeththefab.tumblr.com

Taylor and Cassidy

‘So, what’s up, beautiful?’ I read off my phone screen, scanning the conversation with my boyfriend, Taylor. He texted me every day of the week, and always called me on the weekends, because he lived so far away. We knew each other through mutual friends, but it was really hard dating because of the distance. His house was around three hours away from mine and it was hard to see each other very often. Just a couple of minutes ago, he sweetly asked me to my school’s Snow Ball, and I gratefully said yes. He was going to be driving down here for the night, and it’s going to be the first time I’ve seen him in three weeks.

***

“CASSIDY!” Taylor screamed from my driveway, emerging from his black truck in a handsome suit with a blue tie. I ran out of my garage door, white dress flowing in the winter breeze and flung my arms around him, squeezing my boyfriend as close to my body as possible.

“TAYLOR!” I screeched back. He hugged me tighter and tighter, not willing to let go. But sooner or later, his grip loosened, dropping me gently back onto the ground. He kissed me softly on the lips and let his fingers stroke down my cheek. He released and smile at me, his brown eyes beautiful and adoring.

“I missed you, babe,” he said, only loud enough for me to hear. And soon enough, my mom was at our side, taking pictures as usual.

Taylor drove me, my friend Gracie and her boyfriend, Shawn to the dance in his car, singing to us the whole way. We just laughed at him, but I knew he was happy to see me. As we arrived at the school, I took a look around our usually drab school gym. Big blue and white balloons strung in lines fell from the ceiling as well as silver snowflakes that sparkled in the lights. Tables full of food had white table cloths on them and the girls’ dresses fluttered around the dance floor in the center. A DJ stood on a make-shift stage at the back, jamming out to some new song. IT soon ended and A Thousand Years by Christina Perri began to blow out the speakers. Taylor turned to me slowly, and bowed down like we lived in the seventeenth century or something.

“Madame,” he said, sticking out his hand, “May I have this dance?” I giggled and took his hand as he kissed mine. He led me out onto the floor like a gentleman before placing his hands on my waist. I put my hands on his shoulder and slowly swayed to the music. Before long, my head was on his chest. I could hear his heart beating slowly and steadily, matching to the time of his breathing. He had rested his chin on the top of my head and gently placed kisses on my forehead during the chorus of the song.

But all too soon, the song and the rest of the dance were over. Taylor and I had danced for such a long time and were wiped out. It was around 1:45am and the gym was emptying. We hopped into his car and slowly drove back to my house.

“Goodnight, Cass, I love you,” he said, kissing me.

“I love you, too, Taylor,” I said. He smiled and turned to go. I saw a yawn escape his lips. “Wait, Taylor? You can’t drive home now. You’ll fall asleep on the road,” I said. He looked at the time on his phone and sighed.

“Well, your parents would kill me if I stayed here,” he said in his adorable Indiana accent. I shrugged and looked up at the window to my parents’ room.

“If we stay in the basement, they probably won’t notice.”

“Okay, then,” Taylor said, taking my hand as we slowly crept into the house. I heard my dad’s loud snores from upstairs and quietly led my boyfriend down the wooden steps to our basement. No one was there, so we made our way over to the guest bedroom that was there. It was far away from the stairs and close to the back door, so Taylor could get away safely in the morning.

“I’m so tired,” I said, lying down on the mattress, not bothering to take off my dress. I yawned, leaning back and pulling off my heels.

“Just lie down,” Taylor said in a breathless tone. I could tell that he was exhausted. I turned towards him and laid my head back on his arm, our legs entangled, his hand stroking my hair. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. Soon, sleep came over me, and the last thing I heard was Taylor’s deep voice, “I love you. Good night, beautiful.”