We're Just Friends! - Shawn Mendes Imagine for Alessandra

*from my Tumblr*

www.graceelizabeththefab.tumblr.com

Shawn and Alessandra

I tried to reposition myself into a comfortable spot in my seat on the airplane, but I couldn’t. The flight from Chino to DC was just too long. I’d only been sitting here for three and a half hours and I still had another hour and a half of either listening to Cameron’s music which was way too loud for my liking or staring at the screen of my dead phone. I’d been scrolling my Tumblr on the plane’s free Wi-Fi network, but all too soon, my battery died, leaving me with nothing to do.

My best friend, Cameron, and I were flying to Washington DC for Magcon; we were both part of the main event. I’d never met any other the other guys except for Nash, who came to visit us a lot. But the rest of the guys were strangers to me. I was a little hesitant when the Magcon director guy, Bart Bordelon, asked me to attend. I was the only girl in the group and that was a little awkward for me. I also  only went to the third day of the Dallas event, and that was still huge for me. All of the girls screaming in my face, asking for pictures and autographs. It’s not like I’m famous. Well, at least I don’t think so. I just made funny six second videos with my friends. I don’t actually have any talents. But Cameron, being the pushy person he is, encouraged me to go. So now I had to sit through five hours and ten minutes worth of airplane 20,000 foot suspension in the air. Fun.

After an hour and half longer of agonizing boredom, Cam and I finally got to get off of the horrid airplane. Cameron grabbed our bags from the baggage claim conveyor belt and we headed out, out hotel right next to the airport. We jogged across the street, thankfully with no one noticing us. It was still Thursday morning, so the girls attending the event must not be here yet. We scrambled into an empty elevator and rode up to the sixth floor, where everyone was meeting in a conference room.

I looked into the elevator mirror and fixed my hair, smoothing the tangles with my fingers. “Don’t worry, Ally,” Cameron said, “it looks fine.” I smiled at him before he bent down to kiss me on the lips. I know I said we’re just best friends, and this was a normal thing for him to do. I guess people could say we were friends with benefits, but he just likes to kiss me to make sure that he doesn’t like me that way. They’re just friendly kisses.

“Finally we’re here,” I screamed as the elevator doors opened. I flung my bag out of the doors and fell straight on top of them, exhausted from having to get up at 5am. Cameron kicked my butt.

“Come on, lazy girl. Let’s just go throw our stuff in the room,” Cam said, dragging my bag with his. I reluctantly trudged behind, and followed him to the room.

After putting away our things, we looked through the hallways of floor six and found the conference room. A bunch of people were already piled into the tiny room: a man sitting at the head of the long table, a couple boys standing by the window (who I recognized to be Jack Johnson, Jack Gilinsky, Carter Reynolds and Aaron Carpenter), two boys sitting on the floor against the wall, laughing (Nash Grier and Taylor Caniff), and two boys standing in the back of the room. One was facing me, and I could tell that it was Matt Espinosa, and the other I couldn’t see his face. But from the guitar standing against the wall next to him, I knew it was Shawn Mendes.

When Cam and I slid the door open, everyone’s heads snapped around towards us, greeting us with cheerful smiles. “Ahh! There you are! Cameron and Alessandra! Good to see you guys again,” Bart said, giving us a pat on the back. Nash came next, giving each of us a huge hug, lifting me up off the ground. I gave hugs to the rest of the guys until I came to Shawn.