Chapter 1

DarkBeauty357

My five-year-old brother ran into my room, jumping on my bed he screams "Leah, wake up! Today is mating day." I woke with his brown eyes staring straight into mine. The Annual Pack Mating Ceremony was the only day where all the English packs in Romania unite to find their mates. Every wolf that is eighteen or still unmated has to attend this ceremony.  However, most wolves find their mate at eighteen. 

Blake, my brother who has grown attached to me doesn't understand what will happen if I found my mate today. I would basically have to leave and join his pack if he has a high rank, but I am high ranking as well. My family has a strong bloodline of warriors. Even though my mother is a half witch, she still has a warrior bloodline from her dad, my grandfather. My bloodline is still considered pure because no one knows that I have witch blood. I snapped out of my thoughts when saw Blake pull all my clothes out of my drawers.

"Blake! What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm helping you pick clothes." He said.

"Blake," I got up and stopped him from making more of a mess. "I am wearing a dress today," told him.

"Why?" He asked looking puzzled at me.

"It is a special day, I have to look my best." I already knew that my mate wasn't in my pack because as soon as I turned eighteen there was a special celebration held in my honor. I saw every pack member that day and didn't find him.

My mom came in and told me breakfast was ready. That being mentioned, Blake sprinted out of my room. My mom had beautiful blond hair just like me, but she had a couple of grey stands. Her eyes were an emerald green like mine. I pretty much got all my looks from her.

I stayed behind and straightened up my room, then I decided to have a quick shower before going downstairs for breakfast. My dad and I were the last two at the table.

"You know what today is right?" He dreaded the question.

How could I forget, my family and pack have been bugging me about this event ever since I turned eighteen. Obviously, he meant the Mating Ceremony, but today for him is basically like the human version of a wedding.

"I know, but dad I'll always be your little girl," I told him sincerely.

"I know Leah, I am just worried. What if you get a bad mate?" He asked clearly concerned.

"I will be okay, Dad I'm a warrior just like you and mom," I exclaimed proudly, mostly trying to ease the worry my Dad was feeling. I look at my dark-haired father who had brown eyes.

"What about that Alpha Alex guy, you know he's going." He said uneasily.

"Dad, his name is Alec."

In today's time, that was the most well-known name of the shifters. Everyone knows not to mess with him because of his fierce reputation. I learned many unsettling things about him due to the history classes I took since he was such a threat to others. The werewolves that made history books decided to include him because they thought it was important to educate others about him. Regardless of what I read about him, I never really thought of him being a monster like everyone said he was. He was probably just broken inside, no one was born a monster.