☆Chapter 21☆

DarkBeauty357

I woke up from my sleep due to a nightmare. I went to the bathroom and splashed water on my face. I filled a paper cup with cold water preparing myself to fall back asleep, then laid on the bed. Rain lightly thumped against the roof, and the occasional thunder made an echo in the night sky.

A loud noise was heard. I thought it was just the heavy rain pounding or perhaps thunder, but then the noise was heard again. Someone was banging on the door. I grew confused at who was at the door. Damon and Insuvai wouldn't knock on the door like that.

"Alec. Alec! Wake up." I shook Alec to wake him up.

"What?" He snapped.

"There's someone at the door," I said.

"Answer it," He said.

"You answer it!"

"Why?" He asked.

"Because."

The loud banging was heard again and it was clear they were not leaving anytime soon. Alec got up, and he opened the door. He was face to face with an older man. I watched as the man quickly moved from the doorway and a woman appeared. She shot Alec with a dart and he stumbled back losing his balance. He let out a dangerous growl, but before I could react a dart had already pierced my neck.

My world was spinning and I tried to stay awake. The tranquilizing darts worked to a great effect because I fell to the ground. I could feel myself almost giving into the darkness. I saw Alec stand to his feet fighting the tranquilizer better than I could.

"Shoot him twice. Get her one more time." The old man said. The female shot Alec two more times and she shot me once more. Alec fell to the ground and he was the last thing I saw before I went into the darkness.

~~~

"Leah." A voice called my name.

I massaged my stiff neck. "What?"

"Are you okay?" I recognized it was Alec's voice.

"Yes. Where are we?"

I looked at my surroundings. I was in a cell, not a jail cell, but a dungeon cell. The bars where small so no one could fit through. The concrete walls had spiderwebs and mold on them. The floor was sharp and jagged, luckily I had shoes on. Everything was grey and dark. Alec was in a similar cell across from mine. There was a single lightbulb between us, but it wasn't bright. A mouse scurried across my feet and I jumped up, making noise with the chains. I attempted to walk toward the call bars, but I was held back. Two chains were around my wrist, and shackles connected my ankles. I was their prisoner.

"What is this place?" I looked over to Alec and noticed that he was in the same predicament with the chains, but he had more attached to him.

"They talked to me when I woke up. We killed family members of their werewolf hunter family. They want revenge." Alec said. His voice seemed deeper and darker somehow.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He stayed in the shadows of his cell, so I could not see him. He coughed loudly, "I'll be okay." He said.

His voice seemed detached, more than usual. "Did they hurt you?" I was careful with my question.

"I'm not talking about it." He said.

I'm not sure if they had Damon and Insuvai, but if they didn't that would be their one mistake. I was positive that they would come for us. I know Insuvai would never stop until she found me because you never leave family behind. Never. I just hoped Damon could catch our scent because I have no idea where we are.