Chapter 15

DarkBeauty357

"Is that even possible?" I questioned Alec and Insuvai. Everyone became quiet and there were many gasps heard among the crowd. "Sadly, it is. Only because we have not mated. If she wins, the mate bond between us will change." Alec said as his face was contorted with anger. "Stupid bitch," Insuvai muttered crossing her arm. "Leah," Alec called my name. "Yes," I replied looking back at him. "Do me a favor. Kick her fucking ass." He said crossing his arms and his wolf eyes appeared. I grinned and looked at the women who challenged me. She had red straight hair, blue eyes, and a crooked nose. She walked forward to me and we both grinned at each other. My wolf because very viscous due to the fact of someone challenging me. "Anna, what in the bloody hell are you doing!" The same red haired women, that I saw earlier today when we had crashed, come out from the crowd. They looked similar, so I assume they were sisters. "I'm challenging a bitch," Anna said and glared at me. "And I accept," I replied and many more gasp was heard.

We walked over to a grassy clearing and everyone crowded us. I looked over at Alpha Deniero and he didn't have a pleased look on his face. When I looked at the women again she had charged at me. She tried to punch my face but I stepped to the side. I watched her formation and everything she did; I was gathering information about my opponent. She made it so easy. She charged at me two more times, I sidestepped her and she fell to the ground on the last room. A couple chuckles were heard from the crowd. She stood up and marched in my direction looking pissed. I flashed my rare red eyes in her direction. She stopped, only a foot away, in her tracks. Her eyes widened, and I punched her square in the nose and she stumbled back. She bent over for a short time and I kneed her in the face. I looked around at the crowd and everyone had shocked looks on their faces. I heard whispering among the crowd talking about my wolf's eye color. It is unheard of that shifter's have red eyes. I growled at the women and my claws extracted. I was at a half phase, and that earned another shocked gasp from the crowd. I swiped my claws at her face and continued to punch her. I tackled her to the ground and unleashed hell on her. Blood poured from her nose, and the cuts on her face bled. My fight ended when Alpha Deniero yelled, "THAT'S ENOUGH!" I stood up and walked over to Alec.

I noticed how everyone backed away from me as I walked. "Kyle, take Anna to the cells. I find it very disrespectful to challenge a Luna who deserves her position." Alpha Deniero said. "What please Alpha no! She's my sister." The girl with red hair begged. "Quiet, Rose. Anna needs to know her position." Alpha Deniero responded and she went quiet.

Everyone went back to the cookout as if nothing ever happened. I would have thought nothing happened at all, but I could see the look in everyone's eyes. They feared Alec and me, even though they had no reason too. I wandered off into the woods wanting to escape everyone who probably thought I was a monster. All I doing was defending my position, how could that be wrong? I did not want to frighten anyone. I stopped when I heard a stick crack. I turned around only to meet Alec's wolf eyes. "Why did you follow me," I said in a sad tone. "Why are you sad?" He asked. "Nothing," I replied. "Don't lie." He growled out. "Fine then. I just don't want people to fear me. You should have seen the way they look at me. The way they look at us." I said and sighed. "Don't worry about them." He simply said.

"It is hard not too."

"You could say over the years I got used to the rumors. I can't get used to something I can't see. But trust me you'll do fine. There are benefits of being the most feared." He said. I scoffed, "Like what." He slowly walked closer to me. "Anna and no other women will mess with you." He said. "I suppose." Was all I said. "Now come, the fun has just begun. The cookout isn't over." We both walked back to the cookout and enjoyed ourselves.

"Where is Deniero?" Alec asked me. I scanned the area for him, but I couldn't find him. "I don't know I can't find him or Insuvai. How strange." I said. "Oh well." He said. I was going to continue my conversation, but I noticed a little boy crying. "Alec, I will be right back." I headed toward the little boy. He looked at me and started to move backward in fear. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you," I told him softly but he still whimpered. I noticed with every step I moved he would move back, but good feet of distance between us. I gave up trying to get closer to him. "What's wrong?" I asked the boy. "No one will play with me because my parents are dead." He said. "I'll play with you. If you want." I said and his eyes got really big. "Really!?" He squealed and ran up to me. "Tag your it!" He screamed and ran off. I chased him, and when I caught him the roles reversed. After a couple turns a kid asked to play. "Sure!" The little boy seemed excited. We played a little bit more and a couple more kids asked to join. Soon it was a game with all the younger kids. I played for thirty more minutes before I ended up quitting, besides all the kids continued playing.