Chapter 16

DarkBeauty357

"Hey," I spoke softly to Insuvai as I sat down beside her, on the shiny roof. "Hi." She simply said. "Thee knoweth I liketh not killing," Insuvai stated with misery in her eyes. "I know. I'm sorry." I gave her a hug that she returned. "It was the only way." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "There were many other wolves coming from the clearing. Thee and alec were doing fine." She continues, "But Logan's packet was not. The rogues seemed to say away from you guys." She said. "You did what you had to do," I told Insuvai hoping to make her feel less guilty.

"I knoweth I just scorn it." She was sad. "I know, I hate the way people looked at me after I fought Anna. They were fearful of me." I said. "How doth thee bethink those gents art gonna feeleth about me? I just ripped limbs of the bodies of wolves, without even touching those folk." Insuvai said in pain. We hugged each other in silence and looked out into the cloudy grey sky. The sun was going to set soon. Leaving a pink tint with the grey color. We sat there for a good ten minutes because it felt right, and that's what we'd do when she comes to visit my pack, in my young childhood.

"I never was the one for violence." Insuvai broke the silence. "Yeah." I agreed. "Now your grandmother would killeth anyone without even blinking, Achira would doth the same." She chuckled. "I am the black sheep," Insuvai stated and looked at the ground. "She wouldn't kill her mate." I tried defending my grandmother to a degree.

"Sometimes I wondereth," Insuvai replied. She looked to me, "She actually almost killed him, by accident of course. Luckily he's still alive." Insuvai laughed. "Where is grandpa anyway?" I asked. "The elder council took a trip to Switzerland, those agents wanted to establish peace because there was a war between packs," Insuvai replied to my question. "War?" It wasn't common for packs to fight. Which is why the war with the Knine Pack, of course, years ago, was such a big deal.

"Yeah, can thee believeth, it's over a lady that isn't even their mates," Insuvai said followed by a chuckle. "Dumb bloody wolves." I laughed when she said that.

"Speaking of that, Logan want's to see you," I told Insuvai and her face lit up. "What's going on between you too?" I asked. She looked up innocently at me. "What do they mean?" She sweetly said.

"That's how I know your hiding something." I caught her red handed. "Ugh." She groaned. "I'm just trying to useth a spell on him to easeth his bloody pain of his late mate. It takes a great while." She said. "Nothing is going on. I just liketh not seeing people did hurt, you know that." Insuvai said.

"Okay," I said.

We both went down the sketchy ladder and left the attic. Insuvai went in a different direction, but I went to my a temporary room to find Alec. He was laying down on the bed. "Where were you?" He asked.

"I was trying to get Insuvai to come off the roof," I said. "Oh." He still played on the bed. "Why?" I asked. "Because I wanted to know where you were, got a problem with that." He snapped.

"No," I replied.

"I'm going to go call the pack." He said and walked out slamming the door shut. I took this as a time to call the Rem and Alice, hopefully, my family as well.

"Hey," I said as Rem answer the phone.

"Leah! Why haven't you called sooner?" He asked.

"Well, Rem apart from getting attacked by vampires, rogues, and being on a plane that crashed to the ground. I'm doing great." I wasn't being sarcastic, I was just letting him now that I was busy. "See, you shouldn't have gone." He gritted out. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yes. I almost died, but it's cool. No biggie." I laughed nervously.