Chapter 4

DarkBeauty357

I woke up the next morning, and Rem gave me a set of clothes so I could take a shower this morning. Then he said that he was going to wake his lungs up. When I was done with my shower, I made it down to the kitchen to make breakfast. I pulled the pans out of the cabinet, and I collected the food out of the fridge. I planned on making enough food for three wolves. I was hoping that I could get Rem to invite Alec over for breakfast. I slightly smiled when I found the pancake mix, and I was happy that I had a new friend.

About an hour later breakfast was ready. "Woah, what is all this food for?" He asked, "Not that I am complaining- or anything like that. But that's a lot of food for just two people." Rem stared at the food hungrily.

"Well, I was hoping you could invite Alec for breakfast." I turned off the stove and set up the table. And by that, I mean clearing off five pounds of weed on the table.

"Yeah- about that. He will not come, okay?" In the end, it came out more like a question.

"Okay but why?" I asked.

"It's not you but ever since he was blinded, he did everything in his power to fight against it. He trained and worked harder to be able to do normal things again. He can walk and fight good but there are things he still has trouble with. And as weird as it sounds, he can't eat well. He has trouble eating his food without making a mess, but yet he can still fight- it's weird. Anyways, he doesn't like eating with others so he always eats by himself. He feels that people would judge him." He explained.

"But I know, we wouldn't judge him. Maybe irritate him a little, but not judge him." I tried to justify Rem and I. Then I started to feel guilty that I told him he couldn't see he had a good mate because he was blind. Even if it was true, I still felt bad that I said that. After all, he could not control what happened to him.

"It is a self-conscious thing with him. He literally hates himself every day for not being able to do simple things. The truth is- the reason why he can fight better than he can eat is that his wolf takes most control of him now. He can't perform normal human functions well, but he can perform animalistic functions." Rem explained. I dropped the conversation because I couldn't understand why Alec did that to himself. He shouldn't hate himself just because he is blind.

"Okay," I muttered and we both sat down and ate breakfast. I wondered when was the last time he ate.

Halfway through breakfast, I remembered something. "What started the war?" I asked. Rem cleared his throat and dropped his fork. He was looking more nervous by the second. "What's wrong. Like what's so bad about talking about the war. Wasn't it like eight years ago?" I questioned.

"Well, they do call it a war for something. It was not cupcakes and rainbows. Physically the wounds of everyone have healed up, almost, but not emotional wounds. Alec and Alice suffered majorly on that." Rem states.

"Yeah, I can understand that. I have a feeling though, you're going to want me to get the story from Alec, huh? When it's time." If that was the case then I guess I would just deal with it.

"You'd get a better version of the truth because I honestly don't know the whole story. No one really does except for Alec and Alice." He stated.

"Wait a minute, So the pack doesn't even know the reason why they went to war but they still followed Alec's lead," I asked. I wondered what kind of Alpha he was to his pack members.

"Yeah, He still is a great alpha. He may have anger issues with his members once in a while. Especially when it comes to Christ- Never mind. Anyways, The food is good, thank you." Rem begins to eat his food again.