Chapter 11

DarkBeauty357

"What did you think?" Alec asked when we got back in the hotel room.

"It was great!" I never have seen such a huge festival in my life. There were people dancing all around enjoying each others company.

"My parents use to bring me here a lot." He turned to face me.

It seemed like the world paused for a split second. He quickly pushed me on the bed and hovered over me. His hands touched my face. I wanted him to continue, but I need him to stop playing games with my emotions. It wasn't fair.

"What is this?" I asked, breaking what could have been a moment.

"Huh?" He was confused.

"Why do you keep pushing me away? Then you kiss me. You hit, choke, and almost killed me. Then at times like this, you want to love me. Only to bring my hopes up to crash them back down." I was annoyed.

His face turned hard as stone, "Your right. Only my wolf wants you. I need to stop giving in to what he wants." He coldly said and slammed the door as he walked out.

A picture fell off the wall and broke. I looked at the door for five minutes, waiting to see if he would return. One thing was for sure, if he didn't want to be with me then he needed to stop acting like it. I cleaned up the broken glass myself.

When Alec came back, we got dressed to leave. There was a tourist group going up Mount Everest today, and we would tag along with them.

On the way to meet up with the group, we talked about our plan. When we would catch the scent of the witches, we would just slip away from the group. It would be as simple as it sounds.

While walking, we finished our conversation because we were almost at the location to meet the expedition guide. "Hey, it's great to see you." Our guide greeted us with an outstretched hand. I shook his hand, then he reaches out toward Alec.

"Um no, okay." The guide chuckled nervously when Alec didn't shake his hand because he couldn't see it. The guide had no idea about his condition because Alec always wore dark sunglasses.

"Well, I hope you packed a lot in the backpacks because this will take about seven to nine weeks. Four weeks up and four weeks down." He cheerfully said then went to talk to other tourists.

"That's a long time," I said.

"Yes. Hopefully, you don't fall down the mountain." Alec muttered and his voice was laced with poison.

"I'm doing this for you. So stop being a dick. What? Do you really think I want to spend two months alone with you either." I angrily said. He knew he couldn't hurt me due do to all the humans around. He lightly growled at me but said nothing.

•••••

The first week seemed to be longest. It didn't help that we were surrounded by humans, who could be very slow at time. "Stupid humans," Alec grumbled lowly.

"Stupid Alpha." I mockingly grumbled. He laughs.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Your voice." He said.

I scowled at him. "Don't you have anything better to do them complain."

"You know you have to be alone in a tent with me tonight, away from the humans." He threatened.

"I'll turn around right now." I threatened him back. He gripped my wrist tightly.

"Don't threaten me." He growled at me.