Chapter 6

DarkBeauty357

My head was pounding, and I sat on the bed to massaged my temples. I began to look around my new room to get my mind off things. There were three closets in my big room. The wall paint was light baby blue and the floor was made of carpet. I opened the closets, to unpack my new belongings, and I discovered that I had a full bathroom but with closet doors. I was thankful because I suddenly felt blood trickle slowly down my face. I went in to clean my head. Then I put pressure on the small cut until it stopped, and I cleaned up the rest of the blood on my face.

After that, I unpacked all my bags and organized my new room. When I was shopping with Alice I bought myself a nice tea maker. I set that up right away, and I also plugged in my high-tech alarm clock. I stayed in my room thinking about what had just happened. I don't know why but I still wanted to try to help him. Maybe it's the fact that I try to help everyone or that I believe this wasn't Alec's real side. I wanted to see who he truly was, and I always wanted a mate. My stomach growled and I was quite hungry. So for the first time, without being attacked, I made food in the kitchen.

I was almost done making food, in the kitchen, when I heard footsteps behind me. I quickly grabbed the kitchen knife and turned around.

"Really," Alec said lamely. "Well sorry, I have already been attacked once," I said not including the times Alec attacked me. Alec moved closer to the smell and I stepped away from him.

"What is this?" He said. This was probably the first time he spoke to me in a calm manner.

"Shrimp and Chicken Alfredo," I replied turning off the stove because the food was done. He was quiet for a while.

"Can I have some," Alec said and his stomach growled on cue. "Yes, of course," I said.

"I'll eat mine in my office." He stated.

My eyes saddened, "What! No!" My heart skipped a beat.

"What do you mean... No." He acted as if it was like a foreign word. His hand flew up. I flinched, but he was just scratching his head.

I stared at him for a couple seconds trying to figure out what to say. "I mean, I made this. So you have to eat with me in the dining room." I finally push out.

"You can't give me orders." He said. "I made it," I said. "I'll make more if you eat with me." I offered. He growled at me.

"This is not happeni-" I shoved a piece of warm food in his mouth. He chewed, "Okay, I'll eat with you." He actually agreed.

I began to pour all the food into one bowl. I only made a small amount for one werewolf. I walked into the dining room and turned on the light. I gave Alec the bowl and sat down at the end of the table. I watched him try to eat desperately.

The fork often missed the food, and I could tell he got frustrated with it. He also got angry when he accidentally stabbed himself. Most of all, I noticed the urgency as he ate.

"When's the last time you had a meal?" I asked.

"Two weeks ago, if your counting human food. I'm tired of eating fucking animals." He muttered.

"That's unhealthy." I was talking about him not eating for two weeks. I figured that he has hunted animals and ate them in wolf form, even though that's disgusting, he has to eat somehow.

"Look. I take pills, it suppresses my appetite." He muttered again.

I could tell he didn't want to talk, So I just sat in the chair. I felt like this was progress, even though nothing was said. Rem said Alec ate alone, yet here I am- with him. Maybe it's actually true what they say, 'One way to a man's heart, is through his stomach.'