Chapter 8

DarkBeauty357

"So you take me to an amusement park two hours away?" I questioned.

"Well, it does seem like you need some fun." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess so. My life is pretty sad right now." I agreed.

"It will get better." He promised.

"Will it?" It was a question more for myself.

Rem was right, I definitely needed some fun, and I had an amazing time with him. It really helped me feel happy again. We went on rides and played games. He even won a big pink teddy bear for me. This was the first time I have had genuine fun since I met Alec. When we got hungry he bought these huge potatoes buckets loaded with toppings. It was the first time that I felt free since I've been kidnapped. However, like all days, they must come to an end.

"So you know I could just escape," I told him after we got off our last ride. I didn't say that to ruin the mood. I only wanted to know why he trusted me enough to take me to a place like this.

"Honestly," He paused for a moment. He turned to look at me. "I couldn't blame you." We walked toward the exit since the place was about to close soon.

"You know what, it's not going to get easier. It never will be easy with Alec. But I'm going to let you make a decision. I'm going to use the bathroom." He pointed to toward the exit.

"There is your freedom. I'm not going to be mad at your decision, not after what he did. The choice is yours." He said and went to use the restroom.

I was astounded at his words and as I stared at the exit I couldn't bring myself to do it. I should leave. He threatened my family, choked me, verbally hurt me at every chance he got, and he almost tried to kill me. But if I left Rem would probably get killed for letting me leave, or he could declare war on my old pack. The moon goddess paired us together for a reason, my wolf chimed in. I always wanted a mate to love and cherish. However, he didn't love me back. I don't know what made me stay, but no one was born a monster, they were only created. I wanted to help him in so many ways that I couldn't. I keep thinking maybe things could be different if he had his eyesight.

My final decision was to stay. I would try and help once more because I believe everyone needs a second chance. Besides, as long as my family stayed out of this I would be fine. That would be my breaking point- if my family or pack was ever hurt.

"Your still here." Rem said.

"Foolishly yes," I said and we walked to the car.

When we got home I was greeted by Alice. "Here your brother has been waiting to talk to you." She handed me my phone. "Hey," I said into the phone and started to go upstairs.

"Leah, is this you?" I gulped in pain when I heard Blake's voice. I missed him dearly

"Yes, it's me," I replied. He started bawling, "I missed you yesterday." He said while crying.

"I know baby I'm sorry. Happy late birthday. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you." A couple of tears flowed down my cheek.

"Are you coming home? Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm with my mate. Are mom and dad there? I need to talk to them." I asked.

"Dad is here. Love you, Leah." He said.

"Love you more," I told him.

"Hello?" A gruffer voice was heard.

"Daddy!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"My baby girl! I missed you so much. Where are you? Are you hurt?" He sounded worried.

"No I'm fine, I found my mate." I ensured him.