Always || Archie

Summery: Chuck slut shames you but archie stands up for you

You had known after one date with Chuck Clayton that it was a mistake. He had tried to make our with you in public after being with you for less than two hours. Not even like you two got along great or anything... "We just clicked, I thought," he had tried to say, but he was obviously embarrassed at your decline.

This had been the first week of your sophomore, but luckily he was embarrassed enough to lay off. But when you started dating your best friend Archie, it all changed.
It started with the whispering in the halls.
"Y/N just hooked up with Chuck just last week..."
"Hard to keep your legs closed for too long, huh?"
And the comments only got more vulgar over time. Apparently Archie had heard it through the steam in the locker room, bringing it up to you once. You told him you could handle it, and he believed you.

But now we were going on week four of constant harassment, and it had spread beyond just gossip.
"Y/N?" Blinking wildly to try to hide tears, you turned to look at Archie. However, his eyes were on the little pieces of paper scattered all over the floor.
Most likely to win the most likely to sleep with everyone in the school come June.

Got a thing for football players? Or just the balls...
Hope Archie's been tested already.
"Spent two hours with him... two hours." You growled, grasping all the stupid papers off the floor and cramming them into the garbage.
"Y/N..." You turned to meet his eyes now. "This has gone too far."

"Just means he really wants me that bad is all... I'm over it." By this time your tears were long gone, finally having had collected yourself. "Willing to turn the whole school against me because I turned him down. A real tragedy for his diary, truly."

Archie gave you a sympathetic smile, placing his hands on your forearms. He looked into your deep eyes, searching for something below the surface. His eyebrows creased, nose twitching in anger.
"Arch..."
"No," he stopped you. "I gave you time to handle this, but it's ridiculous now. If you're not going to defend yourself looks like I'm going to have to."

"What do you mean?" You looked back up to him, finding him storming off in the opposite direction. "Archie!" He disappeared behind the door of the locker room and you brought your trembling hands to your teeth, biting down on your nails in anxiety that he would do something stupid.
After a few moments of rocking on your heels, you eventually heard loud grunts from inside the locker room. And then, after a minute or so more, Archie stumbled out, holding his cheek in his hand.
"Y/N..." He trailed off, looking up to meet your saddened eyes.

You gasped, fingers gingerly tracing the darkening ring around his left eye. "Archie what did you do?"
He seemed to lack confidence for a moment before meeting your eyes once again. "The right thing."
"Arch..."

"No. He has no right to say these things about you... to do these things to you. He needs to get over you. And now he will." Archie hmph'ed and you reached forward. He was surprised when your hands circled around his waist, face pressing against his chest. "You're not mad?"

"I'm kinda pissed," you murmured into the soft material of his baseball tee, him laughing into your hair. "But you were doing it to defend me. And though I asked you not to, because I can handle myself, Archie Andrews. Don't ever mix that up. You did it anyway... to do what you could to help me out."

You could feel him smile as he moved down to kiss your forehead. "Always."

-

CREDIT: riverdale-imagining
TUMBLR