Aftermath || Jughead

1. Denial

Jughead: stop texting me y/n, we broke up.

Y/n: right. im sorry.

Your boyfriend had just broken up with you a couple days ago, but he wasn't just your boyfriend. You two have been best friends for 10 years now, maybe you thought it was stronger then the 7 month relationship. Turns out it wasn't. Jughead didn't want anything to do with you, probably because he has Betty now. You were flabbergasted, 10 years of friendship and he threw it all away.

2. Sadness

He threw it all away, all the memories, all the fun. Every up and downs you two went through. Jughead threw it all away, by now the tears were kicking in. "He- y/n what's wrong?" You looked over to see your Best Friend, Cheryl Blossom looking at you with a worried face.
You were about to break, but before you could you were brought in a tight hug. "He threw it all away Cher... he threw it all away." It took so much effort forming those words, it was hard to understand, "everything will be okay, I'm right here and I'm not throwing anything away."
Those words cut you like a knife, Cheryl was your only friend at the moment, you have met the twin when you were only a couple months old, she has never left you. She was your other half.

3. Anger

He threw it all away. The 10 years of effort, he threw all of it away. You've spent the afternoon crying in Cheryl's comfort. But you weren't sad no more, hell no. You were fuming. HOW COULD HE THROW AWAY 10 YEARS!You have spent 10 years of your life to get dumped. I DONT THINK SO.

Y/n: Fuck you! I put so much freaking effort in for this friendship and you're just gonna throw it away. 10 freaking YEARS! You're a cold hearted cunt, have fun with your new best friend. Hopefully she doesn't waste 10 years of her freaking life.

You have just hit send, Cheryl looking over your shoulder has been reading the whole thing. "Don't worry y/n, he'll realize how stupid he is soon enough. Just wait."

3. More Sadness

It was now Wednesday and whole school happens to know about your break up. You didn't really give any craps, considering it was a small town and the people here like to gossip. Every once in a while a student that you have never seen comes up to you and ask if you were okay.
As of the core four, they couldn't even look at you in the eye. Jughead felt guilt, knowing time was very important to you and you have felt he has wasted it.
Betty felt sadness, she blamed herself for stealing your boyfriend and ruining your friendship. The two of you weren't all that close, but she knew if she didn't have anyone to go to she could count on you. She didn't have that anymore.

Archie felt like a crap friend, you two considered each other best friends. He knew there was something going between Jug and Betty, but he thought nothing of it. Now he knows he should have went to you right at the beginning of the feeling.

And as for Veronica, she felt anger. You were one of the very first to welcome her to the squad and town. She knew something was going on between Betty and Jughead and she never spoke a word to you. She was angry at herself and her two friends.

The core five have turned into four and it will never be the same again. And they knew it. You were now a Vixen now, always have been, but that's the crew you hang with now. And you fit in perfectly. You were always a popular, but you didn't control it like Cheryl and Chuck.

"Are you okay?" Yet again a random student has come up to you and asked you that very question. "I'm fine." The student has left and you continue putting books in your locker.

"Your face doesn't look okay." Reggie, of course. "What do you want R?" You and Reggie have always been friends considering of his stuff with Jug. Oh, Jug. "I don't want anything, I just come to tell you that your pain is showing. That's all."

And with that he walked away, he might be a jerk but he definitely wasn't stupid. You took a deep breath knowing if you didn't, you were going to break. And you couldn't have that.

5. Acceptance

After that little thing with Reggie, your parents let you stay at home for the rest of the week. They knew how important Jughead was to you and understand what you were going through. It was Monday again, you felt good. The last two days you and Cheryl redecorate your room, get new sets of clothes and makeup. You felt fresh. Everything was finally looking up.

You wore a purplish - gray kind of top dress, knee high boots with a heal, a black cowboyish necklace. As for your makeup you kept it natural and your hair was curled. After getting ready you went downstairs ate your breakfast and waited for Cherly and her car.

***

You got out of the car and you felt all eyes were on you. You felt good, you felt like a new person. They just thought they were just looking at you, looking if you were okay. And honestly, you are.You opened the doors of hell and heads turned, you walked that hallway with power and confidence. Cheryl walked a little behind knowing you needed this attention. You were okay and you did a great damn way of showing it.

-

CREDIT: thejuggie
TUMBLR